Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Name is Pete. I am 28 years old and live in Phoenix, Arizona. I grew up with the most wonderful Doberman named Rebel and have been in love with the breed since around 7 years old. I remember watching scary movies and being afraid to go down the dark hall to go to the bathroom, so I would take Rebel down the hall with me. I would turn on the light and he would guard the door for me!!!

Just wanted to say hello to all of the people that enjoy the breed as much as I do and feel free to share any info you have on breeders in Arizona. I am currently (FINALLY!!!!!) in the market to find my own Doberman! I have a few leads, but would love to get some info from the people who have experience with Doberman people in AZ.

Thanks and glad to be a member!!!

Pete

:D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!

Good to see we don't have to inform you of Dobe trait #432: You'll never be in the bathroom alone again ;) I'm nowhere near Arizona, so I can't help you there, but good luck!

Amy & Koa

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Good luck with your research and search for just the right dog!

Please check out a few Rescue dogs too! Thank you.

Hugz!

·
APS SGT
1,427 Posts
Hi Pete, Welcome to the forum from Tucson! If you check with the local Doberman Clubs (Phoenix and Tucson) they have a recommended breeder list of local folks. Do you know what type of Dobe you might be after? There are show breeders and at least one working breeder near the valley.

·
APS SGT
1,427 Posts
It's been mentioned before that AZ is pretty dry with *good* breeders. I'd check out the local Doberman club: DVDPC | Home

You might also want to private message DT members:

Jenny
Workingk9s
Definitely contact Jenny. She is active in the PHX Doberman Pinscher club. I am the Sec for the Tucson Doberman Pinscher club and suggest you check our recommended breeders page. There are some small, but dedicated show breeders in southern Az. If you are looking for a working-type breeder there is only one I could/will recommend... It all boils down to what you are looking for in your new Dobe.
I will warn you though, the breeders listed on the local sites tend to be quite picky about where their babies go. Most of them seldom breed and have "plans" for the pups long before they are conceived.

~Tiffany

http://tucsondobermanpinscherclub.webs.com/breederreferral.htm

Reactions: sam&macksmom
1 - 15 of 15 Posts