Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My husband has been a Doberman lover all his life. His parents raised Dobermans when he was growing up. Their male's name was Diamond Jim Fritz. They raised dobies around the Horseheads, NY area about 25 years ago. We are now looking for a dobie to add to our family. It has been many years since he has had a dobie of his own. I had a Doberman/Weimaraner cross and I loved him dearly. I would love to bring a dobie into our home as well. We are looking for an adult, but may consider the right puppy. He would also prefer a male. It would have a very loving home where it would be spoiled and loved like they should be. We are located in North Central Wisconsin, so it would have to be in Wisconsin. We also have horses, 2 purebred arabian mares, a pinto arabian stallion, an older grade paint gelding and a weanling miniature horse. We have a place in the country with lots of room to run.
There are pics of our horses and other pets on our website:
www.freewebs.com/evergreenhillspintoarabians

I am looking forward to meeting all the wonderful Doberman people on here and learning more about this beautiful, noble breed.

-Carrie

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome - my name is CArrie too. No horses here outside of DC, tho hubby was a cowboy out in Alberta and Montana. But we do have two dobes. Both were rescues, and we got them as adults. we have had Pollo almost a year and he is 6 and Molly (aka the spawn of Satan) is about a year and a half.

I am sure if you looked (start with Petfinder) you could probably find a dobe rescue nearby, I know we have lots of great dobes come thru our rescue all the time.

good luck, and you WILL get to know lots of great folks here on DT

welcome
cc

·
Registered
986 Posts
Welcome PAL...sounds you have the kind of place the right rescue dobie would be thrilled to call home. Good luck in your search and keep us posted on your efforts, ok? When you "click" with the right dobie, there will be no finer addition to your family.

Do we have any other members here from Wisconsin?

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Carrie and welcome to dobetalk from me and my little pack here in the U.K.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello and welcome!! Horse lover here!!! I started my horse life with a few Polish Arabs, great and smart! Then moved to QHorses.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I forgot to mention that I also have 3 horses and their pictures are in the gallery section for Doberman Friends.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome Carrie,

I got a filly(2 years old at the time when I was 18.) She died at the ripe old age of 35. She was a QH.
I now have 2 dogs (1 lab-1 dobie) and 4 cats. My dobie who is now 18 months old is my new pony. (My husband says)
Again welcome.
Char

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank You everyone for the warm welcome. parkgt, I went to the link for Wi-Doberescue and we are going to fill out an application and see what happens. We are willing to wait however long it takes for our "right Dobie". I am also going to talk to my husband about the future possibility of fostering a dog.

-Carrie

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find a wealth of information here. there are lots of Dobe owners with lots of knowledge. I am currently owned by 4 doberman myself. Good luck on your search.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts