Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and would like to introduce Maggie, my 18 week old Dobe. We hunted and hunted till we found the right breeder/pup, and it was most definitley worth it!



Again, hello to all from Alabama!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you LapDog. Duchess is very beautiful as well!

She is now 35 lbs. and has the manners of a grown dog. I am so impressed with dobes in general - so easy to train/learn!

I have had Maggie's posts off for 3 days, and her ears are still standing. Actually, they were standing after the first posting, but I kept posting away of course. But now, I am thinking of leaving them down unless I see one start to fall. It is a long show cut (6") but they are firm and standing tall.

Is this ok as long as I keep an eye on them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
Welcome! She is beautiful!!! I'd recommend keeping the posts on for a while longer. By the picture where she is running, I can see her ear is bending with her movement, they still look soft to me. She will be teething also, and that can cause the ears to fall as well, especially with a long cut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lexus said:
Welcome! She is beautiful!!! I'd recommend keeping the posts on for a while longer. By the picture where she is running, I can see her ear is bending with her movement, they still look soft to me. She will be teething also, and that can cause the ears to fall as well, especially with a long cut.
OK. I will. Don't want to screw up those pretty ears! She scratches so bad at them though. That's why I had to take them down - to let some scabs heal.

I'll be glad when this is over!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,910 Posts
les strat said:
...and would like to introduce Maggie, my 18 week old Dobe. We hunted and hunted till we found the right breeder/pup, and it was most definitley worth it!



Again, hello to all from Alabama!
Welcome. My Velma's breeder re-located to Alabama from Pennsylvania a couple of years ago and recently had a litter. So, I'm curious who your breeder is?? It would be funny if you got her from the same breeder as I posted ears on a puppy from that litter that came to a home up in PA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
velmadobe said:
Welcome. My Velma's breeder re-located to Alabama from Pennsylvania a couple of years ago and recently had a litter. So, I'm curious who your breeder is?? It would be funny if you got her from the same breeder as I posted ears on a puppy from that litter that came to a home up in PA.
I think it is: Nancy at Dillon Dobermans?

I got the only girl from the litter.

When I saw your dobes name was "Velma", I wondered if your was on the "Velma" on red couch on the pic on the DPCA. Is that her? If so...WOW! Gorgeous!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,910 Posts
les strat said:
I think it is: Nancy at Dillon Dobermans?

I got the only girl from the litter.

When I saw your dobes name was "Velma", I wondered if your was on the "Velma" on red couch on the pic on the DPCA. Is that her? If so...WOW! Gorgeous!!!
You lucky dog! Nancy is a wonderful person and I miss her tons. She comes up for club events about 2x a year and I will see her next month. I saw 4 or 5 of the puppies from that litter in June so if you got the only girl, then I did meet her up here in PA when she was just a little whipper snapper.

Yes, Velma was from one of Nancy's litters but she is not related to your puppy. Nancy got Cory from Niklby Dobermans in NJ just before Velma was born. Cory is a very nice bitch and I've seen pictures of the sire of your girl and he is stunning. Congratulations on getting a really nice puppy - I will look forward to seeing pictures of her. I know Nancy keep one male, and there is someone 10 minutes from me who has a male too. There is at least one other puppy from that litter in this area - not sure who has him but I think he will be in the show ring around here eventually.

Nancy is still active in the local Doberman club here in SE Pennsylvania - she just does it long distance. I am the recording Secretary/WAE Chair, and she is the corresponding Sect/Treasurer.

You can tell Nancy that you found a good Doberman forum and that Mary Jo is on it - she will think that is neat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
velmadobe said:
You lucky dog! Nancy is a wonderful person and I miss her tons. She comes up for club events about 2x a year and I will see her next month. I saw 4 or 5 of the puppies from that litter in June so if you got the only girl, then I did meet her up here in PA when she was just a little whipper snapper.

Yes, Velma was from one of Nancy's litters but she is not related to your puppy. Nancy got Cory from Niklby Dobermans in NJ just before Velma was born. Cory is a very nice bitch and I've seen pictures of the sire of your girl and he is stunning. Congratulations on getting a really nice puppy - I will look forward to seeing pictures of her. I know Nancy keep one male, and there is someone 10 minutes from me who has a male too. There is at least one other puppy from that litter in this area - not sure who has him but I think he will be in the show ring around here eventually.

Nancy is still active in the local Doberman club here in SE Pennsylvania - she just does it long distance. I am the recording Secretary/WAE Chair, and she is the corresponding Sect/Treasurer.

You can tell Nancy that you found a good Doberman forum and that Mary Jo is on it - she will think that is neat.
That is just too cool!

I will tell her, and it is very nice to meet you. I had admired that pic of Velma for months now! I even had it saved as wallpaper on my PC at work while waiting to find the right dobe pup.

Small world!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,910 Posts
les strat said:
That is just too cool!

I will tell her, and it is very nice to meet you. I had admired that pic of Velma for months now! I even had it saved as wallpaper on my PC at work while waiting to find the right dobe pup.

Small world!
You will find that the Doberman world is a small one - especially when you are on-line. There are a ton of good Doberman people who view a computer as an evil thing that they touch only when they have to. It really is a shame because the combined knowledge of some of those folks could do a world of good.

You will find that Nancy is really good at returning e-mails and is always helpful. She is just good folks :)..........even if she is a yankee!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Wow, small world! Nice to meet you by the way!


velmadobe said:
You lucky dog! Nancy is a wonderful person and I miss her tons. She comes up for club events about 2x a year and I will see her next month. I saw 4 or 5 of the puppies from that litter in June so if you got the only girl, then I did meet her up here in PA when she was just a little whipper snapper.

Yes, Velma was from one of Nancy's litters but she is not related to your puppy. Nancy got Cory from Niklby Dobermans in NJ just before Velma was born. Cory is a very nice bitch and I've seen pictures of the sire of your girl and he is stunning. Congratulations on getting a really nice puppy - I will look forward to seeing pictures of her. I know Nancy keep one male, and there is someone 10 minutes from me who has a male too. There is at least one other puppy from that litter in this area - not sure who has him but I think he will be in the show ring around here eventually.

Nancy is still active in the local Doberman club here in SE Pennsylvania - she just does it long distance. I am the recording Secretary/WAE Chair, and she is the corresponding Sect/Treasurer.

You can tell Nancy that you found a good Doberman forum and that Mary Jo is on it - she will think that is neat.
 

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
Joined
·
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from myself and my girls here in the U.K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Doberman world!! I know that you will enjoy this forum as everyone here is so informative and friendly!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,910 Posts
btw, not sure which dog you are talking about on the red couch - I do have a red couch pic of Velma taken by The Winning Image but I don't think it is on the DPCA website.......just my own dinky website :)

Here is my Velma:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Very nice velamadobe stunning picture.
Les strat your girl is lovely are you planning on showing her as well?

Les strat I know that name from a book or movie I think, sounds very familiar a neat name.
Was it from a vampire movie with Brad Pitt. Sounds similar anyways. Don't laugh my memory sometimes gets jumbled.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top