Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, my name is Diane and I am currently owned by my first Dobe girl, Da'Kari. I am the mother of 4 and grandmother of 2.

Da'Kari is almost 11 months old. What a hoot!!! Smart, beautiful, energetic girl of mine! She amazes me, hehehe, do I sound like a proud momma? I am! :shhhh:

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll. Is there anyone here from TN?

Here is a couple pics of my girl.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum i am based in Birmingham U.K.She is a lovely looking girl and everyone here will certainly give you a warm welcome.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello DaKari and welcome to Doberman Talk, your girl sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear more about her. You have certainly come to the right place if you have the "dobie-bug" :)

I love Tennessee!! My parents had moved there for a few years, my husband and I went down to visit them a few times, and you had to DRAG us away! They lived in Sevierville on English Mountain, it was near Pigeon Fordge. My husband and I fully intend to moving down there when we can retire, hey no harm in looking ahead! We even spent our honeymoon down there!

Anyway, I'm in Ohio for now:frown1: But at least I have my trusty doberman to keep me happy! I have a just turned two year old female dobie named Lexus.

Once again, great to have you and looking forward to hearing about Dakari!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
LOL Kratty, I can't believe your signature!! You crack me up! Well I can't say I can't believe it, b/c it's such a "Kratty" thing to do :):):)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww thank you all so much for the welcomes!!

Lexus, I was born and raised in WV and moved down here almost 9 years ago, I love TN. I have been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinsburg many times, but it's funny, I was there more when I lived in WV than since I have lived in TN.

I am about an hour and a half from Sevierville.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dakari. your little girl is lovely. WE are definitely getting frolks from around the world onthis forum, it's nice to have one more. I'm up outside of DC, so not too far away from you.

I am sure you will enjoy making new friends here.

cc

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wellcome Diane, your young girl there looks beautiful. I am in Northern Virginia and also not too too far away from you. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have, as everyone is so nice and informative.

Naveen and Princi

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
DaKari said:
Aww thank you all so much for the welcomes!!

Lexus, I was born and raised in WV and moved down here almost 9 years ago, I love TN. I have been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinsburg many times, but it's funny, I was there more when I lived in WV than since I have lived in TN.

I am about an hour and a half from Sevierville.

Now here's a coincidence! My mom was born and raised in WV until she was about 16-17 then her family moved to Ohio. She was born near Elkins (I think I spelled that right). As a young girl we used to take trips out to see the area she was from :)

And we don't bite, too hard;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know where Elkins is. I lived in the south western part of WV. Around Matewan where the Hatfield and Mccoy feud happened.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me and as long as ya'll don't bite to hard I think it will be great LOL

I have questions but I will wait a little while before I ask, I am still getting over the shock of getting chewed up on another board for what I am about to do :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
DaKari said:
I have questions but I will wait a little while before I ask, I am still getting over the shock of getting chewed up on another board for what I am about to do :)
Oh DaKari, you were hardly chewed up.

You are looking for validation. Just because that wasn't offered doesn't mean you were chewed up.

Wise, experienced Doberman owners gave you their opinions from knowledge and experience. It's not what you wanted to hear.

You can jump from board to board and get more opinions, that is your right. But it doesn't change the fact that what you were told was the truth.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
LOL chewed on a little but it's ok. Have no hard feelings and had no plans of talking about specifics or mentioning any names, was really making a joke.

I agree, experienced Dobe owners gave their opinions and I appreciate it. But
I'm not jumping from board to board to get more opinions to help me make my decision, it's already been made.

Someone gave me the link to this board and I wanted to check it out, I like it. I have several boards I go to, some are Dobe boards and some are not, I also have a message board about something completely different.

I guess I disagree with what truth can be or not be, some have a different view of things and I think it can be different in each case, everything is not always the same. It may be truth that it will be hard but others say it is simply fine to do so. Who holds the truth? Everybody could be holding some, it is all according to the circumstances. I for one feel I can handle it. If I didn't I wouldn't even dream of doing it.

I hope this is the end of this subject here as I am not a trouble maker and don't want to be labeled as one and lose my membership on this cool board.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I think that whatever the issue is, what is from another board is from another board and is a good place to leave it for all concerned.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Maybe I'm just having (another) blonde moment - but I have absolutely no idea what you all are talking about.

DaKari - I am just happy you joined us and hopefully you will get as much out of this forum as I have.

Carrie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts