Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Doberman Talk, I've lurked around the shadows for a while, but today I finally decided to register. I'll most likely just continue to read a lot without posting, but at least now I'll have a name :)

I do not have a Doberman right now, but can't wait to call one my own in the future.

I do, however, have a pet monster

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome!

That was great way to introduce you're furry friend. I loved it haha Can you tell us more about the monster that lives with you?

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,596 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Your "Monster" looks like a real firecracker!
Almost looks like a Dobie x Chihuahua! (which I've never seen before) :p

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Your "Monster" looks like a real firecracker!
Almost looks like a Dobie x Chihuahua! (which I've never seen before) :p
You mean a Min Pin? They're pretty common! A breed all its own with no relation to Dobermans, interestingly enough.

Reactions: PatchworkRobot

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Her name is Daisy. She's 100% min pin and every bit as "active" as you might have imagined. She was my GF's choice and the apple of her eye. But she's a total daddy's girl! (shhh don't tell my gf that)

Daisy aka monster, is a little over a year old and 8lbs of fury. When she was younger she fractured both her ankles and had to wear casts on her legs :( Didn't slow her down one bit though.

We put baby socks on her casts to keep them from getting dirty. Please excuse my messy jeep.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,596 Posts
Yeah, Min-Pin which I've seen many before, but from the angle of your first photo I thought I saw lots of Chi in the head & face. :) Anyhow, she's a cutie.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum, she is GORGEOUS!! She looks like such a character, LOVE the first pic it looks like she's just sprung outa that box :D No assembly required!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone! She is pretty much amazing and I couldn't imagine my life without her. She has the BIGGEST personality I've ever seen in a dog. I absolutely love her.

I've been waiting to get another dog for a long while now. I was always most interested in American Pit Bull Terriers and German Shepherd Dogs. I love the goofiness and the affection of the APBT, and I love the intelligence and can-do attitude of the GSD. When we got Daisy (because she almost looks like a miniature Doberman) I began to research Doberman Pinschers and fell in love with everything I read about them. They combine the best attributes of other breeds I was looking at, and then add in their own unique characteristics which are absolutely amazing. Not to mention they just look so awesome. So yea...that's my story :)

and here's a rare glimpse of the mythical "tired daisy"

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. Daisy is adorable!! I bet she's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Girl Amy & her Dad welcomes you from Canada...you will have fun here, in DT land.

- and to add / Dobes don't shed as much long hair...if you have a light carpet...He-He.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks again everyone. The welcome here has been fantastic. And to brw1982, she is certainly a lot of fun, and brightens whatever your day's mood is in.

This is one of my favorite pictures of her. My gf hates it because she thinks the hat makes her look like an old lady. I think it makes her look dashing. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to witness the real thing, and had to settle for a picture :(

The other day we stumbled across some little duckies. Her favorite chew toy is a yellow ducky, so we decided not to let her get too close!!

Girl Amy & her Dad welcomes you from Canada...you will have fun here, in DT land.

- and to add / Dobes don't shed as much long hair...if you have a light carpet...He-He.

That's definitely another reason I was turned on to dobes! I really can't wait to give Daisy a little (big?) sister.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Welcome to DT! Love the photos of Daisy! We have a Dobe and min pin under the same roof at the moment, it's really fun to bring them out in public together, especially since they are the same color.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts