Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new here although I have been reading the forums for quite a bit of time. I am graduating college in May and starting grad school in the fall. My sweet girl [German Shepherd mix] died this past December and I am wanting to get a male Doberman. I plan on getting a rescue Doberman from my local rescue organization. I am excited to be on this site and learn even more!

- Katy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from Virginia! Thank you for considering a rescue. :)
:wavey:
Thank you!! I live in the St. Louis area and the rescue program seems great. I met some of the people and of course a few of the sweet dogs. My girl was a rescue and I would not have it any other way! :)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Welcome to DT, Katy! Sorry about the passing of your dog but it is admirable of you to want to adopt a rescue again :) so what made you fall in love with the doberman?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome from Houston!

So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh yay!!! Welcome! I'm in STL area also so keep me updated! I'm assuming that you are talking about Midwest Doberman Rescue? They seem like a good rescue to me, perhaps more people on here will have information. I also have been lurking on their page just in case Gemma wants a brother someday. (someday meaning after doberteens when she finds her brain again!)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Bless you for choosing rescues, they are the BEST!

sorry for the loss of your old girl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to DT, Katy! Sorry about the passing of your dog but it is admirable of you to want to adopt a rescue again :) so what made you fall in love with the doberman?
Well to begin with I love big dogs. I am actually wary of little dogs. I was attacked by my neighbors small dog when I was really small and got my lip ripped open. I have always loved big dogs.

What made me fall in love with the Doberman is their personality. All the Doberman's I have met have been incredibly loyal and sweet. I want a dog that will be my buddy as well as know that if push come to shove they would protect me. And of course they are just absolutely gorgeous!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Bless you for choosing rescues, they are the BEST!

sorry for the loss of your old girl.
Thank you!

I love the idea of a rescue dog. Like I said mine dog was a rescue puppy. This time I want a dog that is a young adult not a puppy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts