Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Erin. =) I've been lurking here for quite awhile, but decided to introduce myself, even though I currently don't own a Doberman. I'm hoping to get one in a few years (few as in three to five), but I'm not exactly sure when it will be possible. I'm sixteen and have been in love with Dobermans since I was twelve or thirteen, and I especially adore reds, they're gorgeous! I still live with my parents and we've got three dogs right now.

Eddie is our "family" dog and is somewhere around eight years old; he's a Golden Retriever mix we adopted from a shelter. Eddie is a grumpy, frumpy old man, but still has his occasional bouts of puppy behavior. He has arthritis in his hips but keeping him on the leaner side and giving him supplements every day has really helped. Jorge is my mom's dog, he's a white/tan Chihuahua who is around three or four years old.

And Pippin, of course, my pride and joy!! We adopted him from the shelter when he was three months old. He turned two years old last August, and is to our best guess, a Doberman/Labrador/German Shepherd mix. He's my dog, and has just recovered from surgery to remove a broken toe on one of his back feet. Pretty soon I will be getting him enrolled in an obedience course for a "touch-up" (he has been through two (one 8 weeks, one six weeks) before, but they were over a year ago) and then will get him into an agility class! He's my big ol' baby, and is 26" at the shoulder and weighs 75 pounds.

One of these days I'll get him a CGC, but I've been a bit lazy.

I'm still torn between going to a rescue or going to a reputable breeder when I eventually can get a Dobe, but I am very much leaning towards rescue, I think. =) I would love to get a younger female (1-2 years) and do some agility, flyball, and perhaps obedience and rally. Eventually I would love to show in conformation, but I'm going to wait until I have a bit more experience under my belt!

Anyway! I hope to have fun here... and here's a photo of my Pippin-boy I took the other day with my new schnazzy camera!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Erin and welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got Pippin's attention there......was it treats?? :) Nice camera work! Did you name him after Pippin from Lord of the Rings?

You'll be rather surprised at how quickly the time will go before you can get your red dobe!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! :D I'm sure I'll have fun!

Yes Jedski, he's named after Pippin from Lord of the Rings. *laughs* I couldn't figure out what I wanted to name him, and then I saw the third Lord of the Rings about a month after we adopted him, and decided he was definately a Pippin, since Pippin was my favorite character from the series, both the books and the movies!

I actually had his attention with his tennis ball. =) It's his favorite game and past-time, and he'll do just about anything to play fetch!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum Erin,Pippin has the right colours in most of the right places thats dobe enough for me :)

]

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Welcome Pippin and Erin!!! Enjoy the forum!! Lots to learn and lots of great people to learn it from!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts