Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Katie and my fiance and I just picked up our 8 week old female dobie...Reesie. We're first time parents of a Doberman and so far it's been quite an adventure. To be honest she's a very well behaved puppy. She already has started on her potty training and aside from a few accidents has done very well!! She's also learning how to sit, lay down, come, and what ever other tricks I can think of. Reesie is a typical puppy; she loves to play, sleep, and chew on everything! The pigs ears seem to help a lot with that. At this time crate training has been the most difficult. She will sit in her kennel and wine for what seems like forever. I've tried everything I can think of to curve this behavior but it doesn't seem to help. Wondering if anyone has any advice and how long does it typically take to crate train??
:D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hello from another Wisconsinite!
Pictures please :) We love pictures around here!

Reactions: reesiegirl

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome from TX.

Have you timed how long she wines for before she finally quiets down? I thought my puppy was whining for hours but when I timed it I found out that he was really whining for 15-20 minutes. My advice is to just wait it out, seriously. It sucks a TON but it's worth it. I think I had to deal with the whining for only a week or so, if that.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I agree. I let mine whine it out until they got over it. Now mine go right in their crates with no issues. Don't give into the whining, don't even acknowledge it.

Welcome to DT!

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts