Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Katie and my fiance and I just picked up our 8 week old female dobie...Reesie. We're first time parents of a Doberman and so far it's been quite an adventure. To be honest she's a very well behaved puppy. She already has started on her potty training and aside from a few accidents has done very well!! She's also learning how to sit, lay down, come, and what ever other tricks I can think of. Reesie is a typical puppy; she loves to play, sleep, and chew on everything! The pigs ears seem to help a lot with that. At this time crate training has been the most difficult. She will sit in her kennel and wine for what seems like forever. I've tried everything I can think of to curve this behavior but it doesn't seem to help. Wondering if anyone has any advice and how long does it typically take to crate train??
:D

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome from TX.

Have you timed how long she wines for before she finally quiets down? I thought my puppy was whining for hours but when I timed it I found out that he was really whining for 15-20 minutes. My advice is to just wait it out, seriously. It sucks a TON but it's worth it. I think I had to deal with the whining for only a week or so, if that.

·
joie de vivre
11,369 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.