Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought our first puppy from "FAYEK DOBERMANS". we were wondering if any one has heard of them(good or bad).

·
Registered
602 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition to your family and welcome to the forum. I have not heard of them.

Naveen

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations on your puppy. I have never heard anything good or bad about them, I did see something online about their sire "thriller" though.
Male or Female baby? We will be needing to see pictures!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Welcome from the Dutchies!

When I post a picture I normally use photobucket here is the link
http://photobucket.com/
When I load my pictures, I make the img code blue, and then copy it and paste it in here, but there will be probably more ways to put them here!

Don't wait to long to post, cause we are very curious here:)

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
chance said:
We just bought our first puppy from "FAYEK DOBERMANS". we were wondering if any one has heard of them(good or bad).
Never had, but that does not mean much. There are a lot of people out there that might only ever breed a litter or two.

I did look up their website and looked at it. I will say that the one thing that bothers me is that they are breeding the stud dog they own to the bitches they own...........saves money but is not always the best dog for the bitch. I certainly hope that they are passing those savings on to their puppy buyers.

The pedigrees all look good, but I don't understand why they are breeding the bitches before they finished a championship - the International Ch means nothing basically. Either they were not good enough to get the majors........which I will admit is very difficult, or they were really more interested in producing puppies than showing.

The last thing I noted is that while they posted health testing (kudo's for that), they stated "cardio normal" without any date. Cardio testing is for that date only and should be repeted every year - as is thyroid. "Cardio Normal" is a misnomer and misleading. It is only reporting a moment (or 24 hours in the case of a holter) in time. It is critical to do it, but no-one can claim a totally cardio normal dog beyond that point in time which is why they should post the date the cardio test was done. One of the bitches did not have her vwd status under her health testing......... I always take that to mean that they are affected if it is listed on the other dogs.

What I will say it that I'm sure you will have a lovely dog that is a nice representative of the breed and I wish you much luck with with him/her. This is a nice forum and you will enjoy it.

BTW - I noticed your puppy is still in the cup - will the breeder be helping you with the posting? From their website, they said that puppies do not go home till they are healed and posted - I can see that they made an exception in your case. If you are not close enough to pop over to the breeders for posting, then I hope they have found someone near you to help. Best to have that planned for - it is a real pain if you are not prepaired for it.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to DT from me and the pack.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
velmadobe said:
Never had, but that does not mean much. There are a lot of people out there that might only ever breed a litter or two.

I did look up their website and looked at it. I will say that the one thing that bothers me is that they are breeding the stud dog they own to the bitches they own...........saves money but is not always the best dog for the bitch. I certainly hope that they are passing those savings on to their puppy buyers.

The pedigrees all look good, but I don't understand why they are breeding the bitches before they finished a championship - the International Ch means nothing basically. Either they were not good enough to get the majors........which I will admit is very difficult, or they were really more interested in producing puppies than showing.

The last thing I noted is that while they posted health testing (kudo's for that), they stated "cardio normal" without any date. Cardio testing is for that date only and should be repeted every year - as is thyroid. "Cardio Normal" is a misnomer and misleading. It is only reporting a moment (or 24 hours in the case of a holter) in time. It is critical to do it, but no-one can claim a totally cardio normal dog beyond that point in time which is why they should post the date the cardio test was done. One of the bitches did not have her vwd status under her health testing......... I always take that to mean that they are affected if it is listed on the other dogs.

What I will say it that I'm sure you will have a lovely dog that is a nice representative of the breed and I wish you much luck with with him/her. This is a nice forum and you will enjoy it.

BTW - I noticed your puppy is still in the cup - will the breeder be helping you with the posting? From their website, they said that puppies do not go home till they are healed and posted - I can see that they made an exception in your case. If you are not close enough to pop over to the breeders for posting, then I hope they have found someone near you to help. Best to have that planned for - it is a real pain if you are not prepaired for it.
One thing that jumped right out at me is they approved stud services for Sevenly dobermans, and are evidently in some kind of ongoing agreement with them-and those people have a *bad* reputation.

This may have been before your time, Mary Jo, but Shannon Wallace (Sevenly) wound up in the middle of a big fat mess with a Cambria puppy and another puppy bred by a woman named Joyce Cates (Silhouette is her kennel name) about 6-7 years ago. As I remember, it was misrepresented who actually was buying these puppies and where they were going to live-resulting in both puppies being taken back by their breeders.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The picture of the puppy was @8 weeks, he wont be coming home until Jan.12th. (13 weeks)and his ears should be healed by then

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I have never heard of them, but he sure is a cute puppy! Welcome to dobermantalk, cant wait to see more pictures and hear more about your pup. Will his name be chance?? (lucky guess) :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Cute pup! I know nothing of the breeders but there are some very knowledgeable people on this board who may just be able to give some words. I see Velmadobe and Murreydobe have already posted and given some very solid information.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome to the forum, cute little guy you have there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts