Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is Natalie, I am originally from England where we bought our first Dobie pup in 2006 off the classifieds because we didn't know any better. When she was a year old the breeder called us to tell us her brother had been returned and did we want him. So we adopted him in the 2007, he taught me a LOT over the years. It hasn't been an easy ride having siblings, but we did everything we could, competed in Agility, Rally-O, Obedience and Tracking. It has been quite the ride, which prompted me to write a book about all their cheeky stories in 2014 (The Twins). Our boy Tyler passed away in 2018, aged 12, he was my heart dog. My everything. I wasn't sure if I could go on without him, he had so many complications in his last 2 years he was diagnosed with DCM, then bloated, then diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, then swallowed a corn cob! Finally succumbed to vet incompetence, when they refused to perform surgery on his Laryngeal Paralysis, causing his Pneumonia to spread (mis-diagnosed as lung cancer) and him to basically suffocate to death. It crushed me and was the hardest thing to get over.

Anyway, onto a happier subject, his sister Roxy is STILL with us, she just celebrated her 14th birthday and we also have a min pin mix who is 2 years old. She's not been without her complications either, she had major surgery 2 years ago for her spay incontinence which I am happy to share details. but overall she is a happy go lucky girl. We are currently touring in a camper for 6 months around the south of the US and she is so excited when we go to beaches and new hikes. We have a channel on YouTube, blogging our travels, again if anyone is interested I will share.

Here are a few photos and look forward to chatting to you all!

·
Registered
Athena (Husky), Kenai (Malamute/Husky mix), Dobie Puppy coming 2021
413 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!!

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Welcome to DT from Utah. I am so sorry about your boy. These dogs come into your life and stay forever in your heart. I look forward to more fabulous pictures! These were great.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
And welcome from the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon--that would be the left hand Portland). Yes, Great Pictures...

dobebug

·
Premium Member
7,071 Posts
Welcome from Florida !
Nice PICs .....sorry about your pup,
We understand in a way no one else can, so again, welcome to our world.

·
Super Moderator
21,289 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts