Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World.
I've been on a few forums over the years....and thought I would give Doberman Talk a try!

I live in Toronto Canada.
I have an 11 year old Black and Tan female named Lily.
She's a sweetheart dog.

On October 28th 2011, I lost my male dobe to a GI obstruction that they could not find the source of. Strider was a 2 year cancer survivor. He died still in full remission from lymphoma. He was just shy of 7 years old.

Also....wondering if anyone has any personal experience with either Dobereich Dobermanns or Gatehouse Dobermans. Both breeders in Ontario Canada. I've heard good things but would love to talk to someone who has their dogs or has personal experience. If you do.....could you private message me? Thanks so much in advance.
Sue and Lily.

Strider Japabeanie Headrester Dunstan.
March 6, 2005 – October 28, 2011
Strider….
Cancer surviver. Stomper of lymphoma. Stalker of squirrels. Biter of waves. Chewer of bones. Digger of holes to China, Hater of Rain, Face rubber extraordinaire, Wolfer of kibbles. Pointer of ears. Perfecter of the 'sit'. Possessor of the Dober Smile. Wagger of the nub. Professional Head Butter. Sniffer of everything. 24 hour snuggler.
Happy, goofy, energetic, brave, bold, loving, curious, alert, athletic, loyal, beautiful.
How lucky was I to spent almost 7 years with you.
Strider died of a GI obstruction. Source unknown. He passed peacefully by my side surrounded by love.
Thanks to Maude and Geri of the University of Guelph for their amazing care and friendship. What an amazing medical team and an amazing facility.
I love you Beanie.
xxx

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,906 Posts
Welcome to DT from Colorado.

I'm so sorry for your loss. They're never with us long enough.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Welcome to DT!

You will find Dobereich has a lot of puppy owners here, I'm sure a few will contact you about how happy they are with their puppy/dog from Monica.

Gatehouse is a member here! Her handle is 'Gatehouse'. If you have any questions I know she will be happy to answer. She also gives classes, so you know you will have breeder support

Both breeders have beautiful dogs :)

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,580 Posts
Welcome from just north east of Toronto!!:butfly:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Welcome to DT from Brampton Ontario!

So very sorry for your loss.

Good luck on your new puppy search.

·
Extraordimary
4,945 Posts
Hey, Susan, long time no see/talk! I'm so happy to hear that Lily is still here (I Holtered her for you many moons ago), but sad to hear about Strider.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

so sorry for the loss of your boy, may he rest in peace.

Good luck with your search for another Dobie. If you get the chance, please check out a few rescue Dobes too. :) Thanks!

Hugz to Lilly!

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
Dobereich kennel is an excellent choice :)
~ Happy Dobereich dog owner

Sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking...

Reactions: vbruno

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, Susan, long time no see/talk! I'm so happy to hear that Lily is still here (I Holtered her for you many moons ago), but sad to hear about Strider.
Hi Mary. Yes I remember. Yep... Lily is still going strong. Her 11th birthday is this Nov. 11.....She's be 11 on 11/11/11 Crazy! I'm having a champagne Birthday party for her. Yes....very sad about Strider....especially after I tried so hard to keep him alive from his Lymphoma....and when he died there was not a shred of cancer in him. FULL remission....which he was in from the first day of his chemo treatment.

I am going to get another dog soon. Probably in the new year.
That part is exciting. :)

Anyhow...hope you're well! Great to hear from you.

Sue and Lily.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
Hi from South of London.

Your Lily turns 11 y/o in Nov and our Amy is also 11 in Dec...and remember, we like photos.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

Hope you have good fortune in finding a new friend. I lost Loki to obstruction year ago, horrible thing to go thru.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to DT from Oshawa.

Sorry to hear about your boy :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my phone number or you can give me yours and we can chat. I don't frequent DT much anymore, too many other commitments taking my spare time:)
Dobereich is a great choice.

I have a Dobereich dog know many of their dogs and owners.

I'm the person that has extablished D.O.G - Dobereich Owners Group. This is a great perk for Dobereich owners. It's unique to Dobereich and I'm not aware of any other breeders in Ontario having such a group.

We have a large amount of owners and dobereich dogs that are members.
We just had our 3rd meet and the each meet is growing in dobereich dogs and members attending. 4th meet will be at Woofstock right in the middle of Toronto in a few weeks. You could meet multiple Dobereich Owners and their dogs there. You being in the GTA there is a pretty good amount of solid core D.O.G members all around you for help and support and you could attend our meets easily as most have been in and around the GTA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts