Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've run across this forum a few times over the years in various searches on Doberman related items. Figured I'd join.

Here's Wrangler, she will be 4 years old next month.

Her 2 favorite things, Rope toys and riding in her Jeep

I've had her since she was 9 days old. She was the runt of a 12 pup litter and started getting sickly due to not enough milk and mom was trying to put her down. My friend stopped by with her one day asking me to keep her for a couple hours to keep mom from hurting her while he went to his shop. When he told me what was going on with her I half jokingly told him he wouldn't get her back. He then said if I could save her I could have her. So, at 9 days old she came to me. She slept on my chest for several weeks and I'd wake up and feed her goat's milk every couple hours with a syringe then a bottle. Needless to say, she is very much bonded to me.

·
Big Lil pup
6,735 Posts
Hi Wrangler. And welcome to you and your human. Thanks for the photos. You are a handsome girl.

@ Dad: Well... A person after my my own heart! Dobes and Jeeps Wranglers. I can't live without either. I just posted a recent photo of my boy on a new thread: McCoy Says Hi!. The Wrangler, currently residing among my rolling stock, is a 2013 JKU Rubicon 10th anniversary. Of all the Jeeps that I've had it's the first one that I've left original, just as it came, out of the box. Maybe I'm just getting old. LOL

My adult son would be a member of the same club with his new 7 month old Dobe pup (his 3rd) and a pristine 2006 TJ Unlimited (LJ) he's owned since new, sitting among his various rigs.

Best to the both of you.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Super Moderator
22,322 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Wrangler. And welcome to you and your human. Thanks for the photos. You are a handsome girl.

@ Dad: Well... A person after my my own heart! Dobes and Jeeps Wranglers. I can't live without either. I just posted a recent photo of my boy on a new thread: McCoy Says Hi!. The Wrangler, currently residing among my rolling stock, is a 2013 JKU Rubicon 10th anniversary. Of all the Jeeps that I've had it's the first one that I've left original, just as it came, out of the box. Maybe I'm just getting old. LOL

My adult son would be a member of the same club with his new 7 month old Dobe pup (his 3rd) and a pristine 2006 TJ Unlimited (LJ) he's owned since new, sitting among his various rigs.

Best to the both of you.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
Thanks. My Jeep is a 2010 Sahara and far from stock (Just Empty Every Pocket)

·
Big Lil pup
6,735 Posts
Yeah... I kind of figured out the "far from stock" thing from the first pic. LOL I am surprised by your composite running boards. On my first JK (I've had 3) I left them on thinking that I would replace them after a bit and sell them later.
Wrong. I was running on a pretty flat double track and swiped a stupid stump of all things. Shattered the step. I sold the remaining one to someone who had done something similar. It's been rock rails ever since. Later, when I was looking up the part # to sell it, I came across the "official" disclaimer "Always remove before operating vehicle off road".

My favorite Jeep/Dobe thing is that my boys were perfectly content to sit in the rig even when rolling totally naked (tops and doors off for you non-jeepers). The younger sat in the back and the older dog would get in the drivers seat. The never growled or barked. They just stared at people. When I was in a parking lot, with the dogs patiently waiting for me, nobody ever parked within about 3 or 4 spaces from me. Go figure...

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,014 Posts
Hi! Welcome to DT from Colorado! While I can't say anything about your Jeep, I CAN say this:

Your girl is lovely, and those puppy pictures are precious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts