Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Rachael. I am a soon-to-be Bengal cat breeder in Graham, WA.

I am very interested in learning more about the Doberman breed and hopefully getting one soon. I would like to have a dog that is strong and protective and also loving. I love the look of the Doberman and I like all that I have read about them being sweet and loyal but also smart, obedient, and protective.

I am looking for a reputable breeder in Washington State, USA that breeds for standard as well as temperament. I also want nothing to do with anyone who breeds "giant" dobermans or purposefully breeds albino or white dobermans.

I would like a black and rust male puppy, cropped and docked.

Please email me privately at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hi and welcome to DT!!

how is the rescue situation in your cat breed of choice?

please meet and great as many real life dobes as you can.... even though you may like the look and 'sound' of them, they may not be the right breed for you.

if you believe they are for you............chek out a few in rescue.

Hugz!

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Welcome!

Take a read through this thread as you begin your search for a good breeder: http://www.dobermantalk.com/breedin...rst-helpful-breeder-breeding-information.html

Ethical breeders are going to be waiting for you to contact them, rather than seeing your post and contacting you. I would also encourage you to get to know some Dobermans in person. Getting involved with your local rescue is a great way to meet dogs and get to know the breed. Often, the local rescue can point you towards breeders, as they are usually well aware of the bad breeders in your area. Or, the right rescue might just find you!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I would ocntact MaKayla of Eclipse Dobermans - she is in WA. You can find her info on the UDC web site. United Doberman Club Also DPCA breeder referral has breeders listed by state so it makes it easier to find local breeders.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Welcome from Olympia!

If you are in Graham I would refer you to Emerald Dobermans and Cathy Ceely. She is in Spanaway Wa and breeds quality conformation dogs, who also compete in performance events.

I think there are dogs she has bred in both the Agility and Obedience Top 20. I know a couple of moderators on this list have dogs from her.

I think she is planning a litter for Spring (ish?)

Sue L

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I would ocntact MaKayla of Eclipse Dobermans - she is in WA. You can find her info on the UDC web site. United Doberman Club Also DPCA breeder referral has breeders listed by state so it makes it easier to find local breeders.
Makayla is super nice! She is in Eastern Washington though...

Sue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts