Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just found this site. I have a 5 year old male doberman named Jake. I work for a vet and get to take him to work with me almost every day. He lives with my husband and I, a cat named Smoke and 4 horses. I want to learn more on feeding for improved hair and skin.:win2k:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome from Kansas City.

Does he have hair and skin issues? What do you feed now? Love to see some photos of Jake.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yes, he started having skin issues a year ago. We biopsied the lesions, and treated with anitbiotic and steriods and he got better. His hair came in thick and glossy for about 3 months and then it happened again. Did the same thing, no response. Started on flaxseed and Omega III fatty acids. Feed him Beneful Healty weight and alpo chop house canned mixed in. Will take some pics of his thinning hair. He is very playfull and healthy otherwise.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Jake is a blue dobie? There are lots of threads on here with good information for owners of dilutes :) Unfortunately the skin and coat issues with dilutes can be a genetic problem and can't be cured but there are ways to help the situation:

Start here!

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Hi welcome from Virginia! Not sure what to suggest - but I feed my puppy Taste Of The Wild (you can buy at Tractor Supply Company or local feed store) - it is expensive.. But worth it.
:wavey:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts