Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been viewing the forums for awhile and finally decided to register :)

We have a 9 month old doberman we adopted from the humane society a few months ago. His name is Chance. He was 6 months old when we adopted him. This is him the day we found him at the humane society and were spending some time with him in the play area.

At first he really didn't warm up to us that much......

We had our ups and downs at first. He of course tested us in the beginning. When we would get mad and he knew he had done something bad he always came up to us and gave us this face....

Finally after awhile he started to settle in...

Now i have a 60lb lap dog that's 9 months old

We also adopted a lab/wirehair mix 2 years ago named Mitch. He very much loves having another dog in the house. He is 2 1/2 yrs old.

I am also well aware of the male-male aggression issue.

Hope everyone likes the pictures!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

Bless you for choosing to adopt and not shop. rescues are the BEST! :)

glad you are aware of doberman male to male dog aggression.

I hope everything will be OK with your boys as Chance matures.

Hugz to Chance and Mitch!

·
Banned
422 Posts
Hello from Kansas!

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
Welcome from Springfield, MO!

Chance is adorable! There are so many great Dobes sitting in shelters and rescues - thanks for rescuing!

·
Super Moderator
21,729 Posts
Thanks for rescuing. I hope both of your boys continue to get along as they mature, and that you're watching like a hawk for any signs of aggression.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,263 Posts
Hope everyone likes the pictures!
Thanks for rescuing your cute Doberboy! I think however, you made a mistake in naming him. Judging by the picture of Chance in the comfy bedding, I would have chosen "Hustler" or "Scammer"!! LOL! Hope your giving Mitch the same treatment or he'll be very resentful! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
nice looking dogs, welcome from MN!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts