Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
We are the proud owners of Beau, an adopted (at age 1.5 yrs) Blue Dobie...He is our pride and joy and we couldn't ask for a better pup and snuggle partner! We have had him for about 7 months now and can't imagine life without him. His previous owner had him as well as an older Dobie who I guess didn't like having a young pup around and was getting aggressive toward Beau so he decided to re-home the one that would have the best chance at finding a good home. He did a great deal of training with him and we were lucky to get a fully potty trained and very well behaved boy. We love taking him to dog parks and he is totally ball obsessed (total couch potato at home but crazy fetcher at the park!).
Here are a few of my favorite pics!

·
Registered
370 Posts
He is a cutie. You are a lucky family ! So often people get rescued dogs who have been so abused they just have issues galore. Sounds like he is a good match for you.

Im from the Spokane area, but when I was going to school over there, I loved going to Saltwater state park..if my vehicle even came close to the area, my dog would go bonkers knowing she got to dig in the sand and play with all the stinky critters lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha that is how Beau is with any of the dog parks around. We are from Alaska (although Beau never lived there) and are not used to the very strict leash laws here (in Alaska people are very liberal with dogs being allowed in parks as long as dog owners are responsible etc) so we go to dog parks a lot so that Beau can run. We haven't been to Saltwater state park so maybe we will have to check it out! We went to Marymoor the other day and Edmonds today and had lots of fun :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum! He is absolutely gorgeous; what a handsome face and you can really see his personality! Thank you for adopting him, can't wait for more pics :D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Love the one on the couch! What a lucky boy to have been rescued and now be spoiled! by you.

Reactions: Sleighs907

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Nice looking boy, he looks like he's made himself right at home (3rd pic). We lived in Seattle for about 6 years and our boy Max was always cold, his teeth used to chatter. He was a California boy and didn't like the cold, neither did I. Adoption is a win, win for all.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from MIssouri and what a lucky boy to have you in his life. May you have many years of fun and enjoyment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome from everyone! We feel really lucky to have Beau in our lives so we make sure and remind him by spoiling him big time! He still has to behave but he is well rewarded for being a good boy :)

As far as being cold in Seattle, it hasn't been too bad for him yet (every once in awhile he shivers after being out playing for awhile but we just bring him inside). He has a couple of coats that he wears and he seems to do well with them :)...we are actually from Alaska so if we ever brought him up there to visit I think we might have to invent a doggie snow suit haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My husband let out a heavy sigh when I showed him the posts asking for more pictures (I take like 5 pictures a day of Beau :) I am happy to share!) I also have taken some quick videos and put them on youtube (I tell Beau he is a movie star :) )

Here is the link to a couple of youtube videos (most are about 30 seconds):

Sleighs907 - YouTube

And more pictures!

·
Super Moderator
21,989 Posts
Welcome! He's a cutie, and not spoiled at all :D

Reactions: Sleighs907

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Omg I love the one of him wrapped up in the blanket sitting on the sofa like a person! And r one of him with his head on you like a crocodile looks very familiar LOL!

He's so special.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Omg I love the one of him wrapped up in the blanket sitting on the sofa like a person! And r one of him with his head on you like a crocodile looks very familiar LOL!

He's so special.
Haha he actually wrapped himself with that blanket! He was carrying it around playing with it and then somehow wrapped it like this so we had to take a picture!

The crocodile pic (I am assuming the one where I am studying and have my notes in front of me?) he does that a lot...he is a great study buddy most of the time! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts