Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just took in a 22 month red male, ( he needed a new home due to family moving) although this is not are first doberman, I was wondering if any one could answer a question. His ears are cropped but one does not post, at this age can we try to correct this? Sorry I don't have a picture yet. We do have the knowledge to tape them but not sure if reposting will work at this age. Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,323 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from PA. Thanks so much for giving this guy a home. If you do a search on ear posting, you will find a lot of information. I am not an expert, but I think at 22 months it is too late. Someone more experienced will chime in.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri and bles syou for saving this boy. At this age you are looking at surgery to correct the dropped ear.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Welcome neighbor, thanks for taking the red boy into your home. Oliver's ears are not done, so I have no answer for you. If you ever come north PM me.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I can't imagine you would be able to get the ear to stand naturally at this age, although there are surgeries to make ears stand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies, will not go the surgery route, was just wondering if there was a chance. He is such a handsome young pup. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts