Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Me and my new little girl are now members here. First my name is Scott and her name is Dakota. I have two children whom I see on a regular basis and they simply adore her. In the past, I've owned several different breeds of dogs. And I must say without a doubt that, that Dakota is the smartest dog I have ever owned. She is responding to simple commands at an alarming pace. (Well most of them. Still having trouble with the one that means "No peeing on the couch!":help_up_2 ) But hey nobody's perfect. :tongue23: I just had her ears done on Friday and I believe they look pretty good. I didn't want to take any chances when I'm not at home, so I got a cone for her. I think she's a little mad at me. (Now I'm beginning to wonder about the couch????) I hopefully will be able to post some pictures down the road. But for now, I have to keep her to myself.:dancing_b Bye for now.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Brumwolf Pack.once you get through the peeing stage have no doubt you have purchased the greatest breed on this planet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi and congrats on Dakota. One of my co-worker's is pregnant and that's her baby's name. HA!
You said you haven't had a dog in a while. Neither have I. My last dog was murdered and I hurt very deeply for a long time about that. My cats were killed as well. I'd basically sworn off animals entirely and refused to have a pet. My husband gave me about two years to mourn and then gently told me to get over it and try again.
Maybe I missed it, but what color is your dog?
I'll agree with you on the smart thing. Maximus was already kinda housebroken when we got him. (I say kinda because his previous owner said he wasn't, but when you leave him inside for 5 hours straight by himself he is gonna have accidents. Besides, he was peeing on the door, so he got the point.) But he knew the routine within I'd say 24 hours. We sit before we go out the door, I give permission for him to go outside, he potties, and then he sits and is given permission to go through the door on the way back. Because of our little people and my last dog, I want him to understand he cannot race through doorways.
So welcome again to the forum and to having a Doberman and we'll have to keep each other posted and compare notes on these little Halloween monsters we have.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum! I hope that you will find a wealth of Information, support and a bunch of people who are nutty about Dobermans.
I am the proud owner of 4 Dobermans myself. 2 black Females, 1 black Male and 1 blue female. Welcome and look forward to hearing more from you.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Dobermantalk! Best group around IMO ;)

I too am a new first time owner of the Doberman Breed. We couldn't have picked a better breed!! :D

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello Scott and Dakota!!! Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!! We can't wait to see pics of your new girl!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody. I got one picture up right now, hope to have more. Takirasdad, I'm from Harrisburg Pa. I'm not quite sure if any of you have dealt with this, but I've encountered my first few (lets call them animal rights) people. The most recent being a women from the U.K. giving me he** about cropping her ears and docking her tail and how they should pass a law against it here in the U.S. She proceeded to tell me how cruel it is and how I was hurting her. I thought it was funny and told her in polite way to mind her own business. But I thought you veterans might get a little laugh out of that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So the Animal Rights people gave you a hard time about cropping and docking? Yeah, well, they think they are perfect, dont they?haha Good that you let them know that you didnt need their permission to crop your own dog's ears! I have 2 beautiful black & rust females, Darmok (3 yrs) and Sasha (2 yrs). Dobies are the smartest breed I have ever worked with, and my Darmok just totally amazes me still on the things that she learns to do, or even picks up on her own. Post more pics when you can. The one in your gallery now is adorable!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
your little girl Dakota is adorable. Don't worry about the PETA people. First off it was none of that woman's business, second if she doesn't like to be in a country where we crop and dock, that's easy - Leave!
Usually you will see one of them carrying a leather bag, or belt or wearing leather shoes and this really alot of fun to point out - most just sort of sputter

welcome
cc

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Wow, a cone. They will get over that pretty soon. Once you starting posting the ears and then re-posting the ears every five days, she will forget about the cone pretty quick. Well for peeing on the couch, at that age, they a have a very small bladder with no control over it. Remember, at that age, they pee after every thing they do....Aw, I remember taking my girl out every hour or so when she was 12 weeks old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts