Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introducing myself,
We live just south of Owen Sound here with our dobes - Fred who is UKC/Can. Ch. Dobereich's Finally Friday, PTT, TT, CGN, UCC and is right now working on his PCD (and has one leg ...if things go well by tonight he'll have all three! but I won't hold my breath LOL)
Can. Ch. Coockie Dobereich Halit Pasa, TT who was the No.1Eurobred doberman in 2004 in Canada.
Cricket Vom Dobereich - resident farm dog LOL who hated the show ring, hates obedience, just generally hates being told what to do....
Gatehouse v. By Indictment (aka Bubbles) my natural eared little pup from our July 04 litter. She is working in obedience.

We have our future *star* Chad - pending Gatehouse Proceeds of Crime
our little red boy from the cookie/fred march 06 litter. I'm not sure if he'll be a show dog - he's extremely lazy!

We have Harley who is Chad's brother (and looking for a home) who is a cutie and very active... maybe he's supposed to be my next start

And the lone Great Dane, Cheviot's Cameo Appearance who has taught our
dobes so much!

Both my husband and I work as court reporters so we're lucky to be able to take time off and work with the dogs and take the time off for the litters...
Our website is www.gatehousedobermanns.com
please feel free to visit ;-)

·
Banned
675 Posts
I th ink there was someone on this forum who said he was getting Harley from that litter. We haven't heard from him in some time. I guess that placement fell through?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hello and welcome to Doberman Talk :)

I'm also from Ontario, live just north of Owen Sound. I have my very first Doberboy. His name is Bruno and he's just 8 months!! Love him to death and he's my lil cuddle bug :)

Can't wait to see some pictures of your guys. Sounds like they're doin pretty good! Oh and I'm jealous of the Dane. I wanted a Great Dane SOO bad!! lol I will have one one day too ;)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
hello I am a very proud owner of only one spoiled 2 year old Doberman named Duchess and an adopted lab mix named Coco. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Welcome to the board. Just curious, what prompted you leaving a pup you kept natural eared?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

for the welcome :)
Luv_my_Bruno where did you get bruno from? He looks beautiful
How far north of owen sound are you?
Micdobe, yes, his placement fell through but it was not really anyone's fault but just unforeseen events. It's too bad. Then the little had a potential home, but $$ became an issue (oh yeah, AFTER they gave me a bad cheque) so this poor little guy, it's like he's destined to stay with me :) Maybe someone's trying to tell me something LOL , Like place the red male, not the black one haha

Maura

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome Maura,

Small world, my puppy is coming from Dobereich. Post some pics. or you will be in trouble around here !!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm from Midland.

I actually got Bruno from my Step Sister. Her mom breeds dobes and has for about 30yrs now. But my sister wanted to try I guess to get into the business and bred her female. But after that litter she decided breeding wasn't for her. She didn't want to put her female through it again. And is now just happy with her 3 dobes :) She gave me Bruno for Christmas. Best Christmas present ever!!! :D

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
natural ears

I kept her natural ears because I do really like them that way and she was my daughter's dog and she made the final decision on the ears :)
She's a hilarious pup that's for sure!
I will definitely try and post pics but I'm not very good at stuff like that :(

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am owned by 4 dobermans. Raven who is 5 1/2, Spirit (our lone male) 5, Gypsy is 4 1/2, and Iris who is our blue and who is 2.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just curious

No.1Eurobred doberman in 2004 in Canada.

How do you know this? As far as I know the DPCC or CKC doesn't keep such stats. Just curious.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I thought the same Duncan.
Maybe she mean't she was a European bitch and won first in her category, best female in a show with other dobes. I have never seen just a Euro dogs in a show ring under this category. Wording is everything when selling a dog and it's offspring. Same as anything else. There are marketing tools and they teach them in college and university all the time and aroung the ringside of a show. Whether it be a jar of jam or this new cooking gadget. Anyways Gatehouse she looks nice, good luck with your kennel.
ps. Duncan maybe somebody told her I don't see the star with number one on it anymore on her site.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
duncdobe said:
No.1Eurobred doberman in 2004 in Canada.

How do you know this? As far as I know the DPCC or CKC doesn't keep such stats. Just curious.

LOL It's not rocket science .... By her placement in 2004 the dogs ahead of her were NOT Eu bred - and yes, this was confirmed by me before it was put up.

And yes, LOL there were other EU bred dogs that year. :)

Waiting... maybe somebody told me what? We are in the process of updating our website, although I'm sure that didn't change.

I hardly need marketing courses from the local college to place the whopping amount of litters that I have :)

I tried something unique, the truth. It's our website, I confirmed her status, and frankly, if the dpcc or ckc don't keep stats on it, doesn't mean it isn't something I can't feel good about and brag like anyone else would about my dog's accomplishments.

Maura

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
maura -
thanks, i was just curious, since not many breeders will keep natural ears on a dog - do you plan on showing her, or is she just a pet?

-kim (who has a special place in her heart for natural ears)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
doberkim said:
maura -
thanks, i was just curious, since not many breeders will keep natural ears on a dog - do you plan on showing her, or is she just a pet?

-kim (who has a special place in her heart for natural ears)
Hi, No, she will be shown. She was shown as a pup for a bit, however, she is really immature looking...just like her mom :). Her mom took a long time to mature. She is working on obedience and I'm hoping to get at least her PCD this summer. She would be great at agility, very high energy LOL

Maura

*Also, for those of you who felt that I removed the 2004 No. 1 from my website because someone may have pointed it out to me(??) I did check with my husband who does the site. He said he removed it when he updated our site and didn't feel it was relevant now that it's halfway through 2006 LOL
He didn't want to be one of those people who had "best bitch of 1967" and never did anything else :)
He was more than happy to put it back up though!
Maura

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.