Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad that I found this place! I am a brand new Dobie owner. I purchased my puppy 7 weeks ago at 10 weeks old. His name is Hismerh Prince Piere....but we just call him Petey! He is Red, docked and cropped. He weighed in at 43 pounds today, and only turned 4 months on Tuesday Feb 27. I am in love with him and the breed.

I had two Weimaraners up until 2 months ago when I lost my second one in 3 months. Mason(6) died from his epilepsy and Uno(9) my other one died from cancer in October. I have always dreamed of having a Red Male Dobie, and now my dreams have come true!

Carol

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from me and the girls here in the U.K.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome from Orson and me in Northern Indiana!

Sorry to hear about your Weims, I have always found weimaraners very beautiful and have heard their personality is similar to a dobermans.

Petey is very handsome :D

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome to DT. Your boy is cute.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What a handsome boy you have there. Welcome from Florida. We have a 2 year old red boy, Titus and a 5 month old black dobie, Jada. We just adore our dobie and I really could not imagine having another breed.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum Carol. Petey is a handsome young boy. Where in NY are you? I ask because my gf lives in Queens.

Naveen

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Naveen...I am up in Warwick. About 45 miles from Manhattan, on the Jersey boarder. Still a bit of country up here.

Carol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh what a cutie you have there. sorry to hear of your loss but I am sure that the Dobe will keep you happy! Welcome!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome from Southern Indiana!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello and Welcome to DT!! Your boy is very handsome, I look forward to watching him grow up via forum pics!!

I"m mom to Lexus a three year old girl, and two other pooches and lots of cats!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Welcome!!! Sorry about your Weims :(, that had to have been rough.

I had never had my hands on a Weim until last week!!! (stopped by a groomers and one was there) I didn't realize they were as big as they are, and very wiggley too!!!

I have 2 girls, and Dobes are the only breed I have ever had, but have admired the Weims :)

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PeeWeesMama said:
Welcome!!! Sorry about your Weims :(, that had to have been rough.

I had never had my hands on a Weim until last week!!! (stopped by a groomers and one was there) I didn't realize they were as big as they are, and very wiggley too!!!

I have 2 girls, and Dobes are the only breed I have ever had, but have admired the Weims :)
I loved my Weims. They were great boys! But truth be told though.....I am in total LOVE with this Dobie! I want another soon....and will do a rescue of a female.

Now about your name....Pee Wee was a turtle that I had for 28 years, and now have another of the same type....PJ...for Pearl Jam and PeeWee Jr!

Carol ox

·
Registered
891 Posts
Luvbirds59 said:
I loved my Weims. They were great boys! But truth be told though.....I am in total LOVE with this Dobie! I want another soon....and will do a rescue of a female.

Now about your name....Pee Wee was a turtle that I had for 28 years, and now have another of the same type....PJ...for Pearl Jam and PeeWee Jr!

Carol ox

Peewee isn't a very regal name for a Dobe is it? LOL I had named her Pyewacket (for my Dad). She was so small compared to my other two (Grace Kelly my red girl, and Gadget my red boy who since passed) everyone called her a peewee, and to my horror it stuck. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts