Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, from North Bay! We just got our dobe last night.

Her name is Rosie, she's about 2 years old or so we where told. She's been absolutely wonderful and has fit into our family like it was meant to be.:nicejob: She has an absolutely wonderful personality, and she herself is a pretty girl! (Will post pics shortly)

We got her from someone near Barrie. They didn't have enough time to spend with her and wanted someone who was home more (dog is a huge suck)

Would you guys have any suggestions to make her feel at home?:confused:
(she's eating, drinking, and snuggling with all of us like crazy but I'm thinking she may still miss her previous home.)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Welcome to DT! Just give her time to adjust and get comfortable with her new family and environment. Don't rush it or force it :) keep in mind that she is brand new to you guys and her world has been flipped upside down.

Btw what does "huge suck" mean?

·
Small Handful of Woman
1,783 Posts
Hi from Southern Ontario! :p
Sounds like your girl is fitting in just fine.
Roxy was one when we got her and was SUPER affectionate and "sucky" at first. Ummm...she still is! :lol2:

Congrats! This forum is the BEST for any questions you have, and finding out all kinds of neat things about Dobes. Let's see your pictures!!!

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Welcome! I understood huge suck LOL must be Canadian eh? LOL!
Just remember she's in new surroundings, and typically on best behaviour. don't assume she's great now so there are no issues. Not saying there will be, but one day, one week, is not long enough to judge how she will be. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi there, I'm from Guelph! I say "big suck" all the time lol...maybe it's an Ontario thing?

I have a couple friends in North Bay, it's a gorgeous area! Can't wait to see pictures of Rosie :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Welcome from Toronto. Rosie is a lovely girl. So glad she has found a great new home. The only advice I can offer is to suggest that you be careful about giving an inch because you're making allowances and imagining that she might be missing her former home. Dobes are very crafty and they will take a mile -- and much more.

And I'm laughing about "big suck." I'm so used to hearing this that it has never occurred to me that it might be regional slang. Interesting.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome! I understood huge suck LOL must be Canadian eh? LOL!
Just remember she's in new surroundings, and typically on best behaviour. don't assume she's great now so there are no issues. Not saying there will be, but one day, one week, is not long enough to judge how she will be. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Yeah me too Maura..didn't cause me any confusion..lol

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Welcome to DT from Brampton :) Your girl is very pretty!

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
eh from Southern Ontario.
Man, she is a sweetheart. !!!!!

Sounds like you got a Diamond in the Ruff, there.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
welcome to DT! one of mine is in North Bay too. Congrats on your new addition, great she has found a home with time for her. Take it slow and remember she may make a few mistakes. It will take a few weeks to learn all of her habits and for her to show you the real Rosie. Dobes are wonderful pets, but they can have their quirks! Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts