Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:emo5:
I figured I should introduce myself as I've been lurking for a while and reading up all the good info everyone has shared! I am a student finishing up my Wildlife Biology degree, and my husband is an Air Traffic Controller. We have wanted a doberman for years, but since we have always lived in an apartment, we could never have one. But in a couple months we're buying our first home, so we're looking to add a doberman to our family (which consists of us and our two beloved cats). After hearing from other Minnesotans that there really aren't any reputable doberman breeders here in MN, we expanded our search, and we're hoping to get a Jaimand puppy soon! We looked into rescue dogs as well, but decided we want to go the breeder route for our first dog.

Also...
If anyone in the Duluth area has suggestions for good vets and good trainers, please let me know! I love our vet we use now (Dr. Amy Kizer of Lexington Pet Clinic) but we're moving up to Duluth soon, so we'll need to find a new one.

·
Super Moderator
22,030 Posts
Welcome, fellow Minnesotan!

I used to live up in the Duluth area, and we used two different vets up there and were very pleased with both. Dr. Jonathan Waugh is at Crow-Goebel Vet in Cloquet (right off of 35) Crow-Goebel and we used him for years. We also used the Duluth Veterinary Hospital (Duluth Veterinary Hospital) both with our personal animals and with numerous foster kitties.

Congrats on the forthcoming pup!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome from VA. Thanks for doing all of your homework, and looking forward to seeing a puppy thread sometime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts