Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is Max... A kijiji find naturally with his mix breeds... We thought what a crazy mix but its the opposite! He is sweet and loving and so smart. He learns tricks so fast! Anyone else out there with the same mix? I'd love to chat dogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Welcome!

I know someone who has the same mix, she got hers from a not so good "breeder" in Winnipeg. Is this where you got yours from?

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
What an interesting mix. Max is adorable! I look forward to seeing pictures as he grows up :)

128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. There are not really breeders around here only back yard breeders... We live in Ontario. In the "country" he came from a small town from someones house.

128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I cant wait to see what he becomes. I hope he keeps the Doberman looking body as he is so sleek and beautiful. He is making us consider buying a purebred in a few years :)

128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,284 Posts
This is where we got Max... Just off Kijiji... He isnt in the actual picture. They have two different adds. We took the 2nd last pup and for some reason they upped the price from $100 - $150.... We almost conciderd going back for his brother but decided house training 2 hyper puppies would be a nightmare.

Doberman Husky Pups - Owen Sound Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Owen Sound Canada.

Doberman Husky-cross Pups - Guelph Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Guelph Canada.
I sure hope these people aren't breeding them on purpose and that mom will be spayed soon.

You made a VERY good decision to only get one pup. Raising two puppies together generally leads to something called "Littermate Syndrome" which is damaging to both dogs. This applies whether they are actual littermates or not.

Your pup is cute!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks. I cant wait to see what he becomes. I hope he keeps the Doberman looking body as he is so sleek and beautiful. He is making us consider buying a purebred in a few years :)

This is where we got Max... Just off Kijiji... He isnt in the actual picture. They have two different adds. We took the 2nd last pup and for some reason they upped the price from $100 - $150.... We almost conciderd going back for his brother but decided house training 2 hyper puppies would be a nightmare.

I agree with MeadowCat, you made the right decision only going with one pup not only because of littermate syndrome (which would be horrible if you would have to give up a pup you've already invested love and time into) but also - PUPPIES ARE NUTS. LOL! We're at 9 months with our boy and love him to death, but sometimes he can be trying. I wouldn't be able to imagine Angus x 2... :roflmao:

If and when in a few years you do end up thinking about going to a reputable breeder - make sure you come here for help. There are a few of us in Ontario who can point you in the right direction and help :)

Your boy looks like a sweetie as well. It'll be interesting to watch him grow up!

128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi from another country person!
I know how it is out in the country. Most of everything (and everyone :lol2:) is a mix of something! Great looking pup! Do enjoy that puppyhood, its a blast!
Thanks lol!. The country is great though I love living in a small town hours away from any big city we have the freedom of training our boy off leash on trails and yes you dont find many "special" breeds thats arent mixed with something else unless its the common German Shepards and Huskys and thoes shih tzu dogs are a big hit here (Not a fan they are nasty little things)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts