Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are in the current process of looking for a doberman cant tell you how long i have wanted one well since I was a kid last time I had one. But now we are settled and looking for that perfect dobie to add to our home.

We found a dog we think still need to meet her before any decisions will be made. But before we do get any dobie I want to make sure I do plenty of research in a few areas my first one is finding a good food that is in our budget no more then 30 bucks for a big bag. We live in a very small town so most likely we will have to find something online and order it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated the particular dog we are looking at is 6 years old she's on the smaller side for dobies I believe about 65lbs. Her owner has mentioned he has her on Iams right now & he has experimented with a few foods but he says one thing he has noticed about once a month or so she seems to have problems were she gets sick he has taken her to the vets with the suggestion of trying another food. I know when I was a kid my parents fed our dog a lamb n rice food that seem to work for our dog but dont remember what the brand was but anyways any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I cant wait for us to find our forever new friend :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I feed a combination of raw and freeze dryed raw. If you have freezer space and can find the sales then raw is a very healthy way to go. Costco has a premium kibble food now under their own brand that has had good reviews and it is under $30 for a large bag. Check out the food sub-section here in the Health section. http://www.dobermantalk.com/food-feeding/

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Welcome, from another Iowan!

65lbs is not small for a Doberman bitch - pretty average, actually. My Kaylee is 61lbs.

What part of the state are you in? If you're in Central Iowa, you could always try Nature's Domain - I think it's about $32 for 35lbs at Costco. Iams is a junk food, you can do much better for the money.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

Good luck with your search for just the right Dobie!

Hugz to you and yours!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome from Lansing, KS. Hope you search turns out great for all of you. My female is tall and lean. She only weighs about 51.4 pounds.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts