Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Angela and I am from Indiana. I have a 10yr old Dobie named Bella. I also had a red female Dobie that was 12yrs old, but she passed a few years ago.
I work at an animal hospital and I am also a Reserve Police Officer. I have just graduated from college with an AS in Criminal Justice. I am planning to become a SPCA Officer.
Currently my Bella is having some blood issues, so I was hoping maybe someone else has had these issues with their Dobie, because right now we are at a lost for what is going on with her.

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last month she had a blood test everything was normal, she was just having diarrhea so we switched her food put her on antibiotics. She was doing fine and then all of a sudden just wasn't herself. We did a blood test she was low on red blood cells. She was having pain in her abdomen, so we did an exploratory surgery on her. All organs were fine and no internal bleeding.

We did another blood test it came back with low red and white blood cells. We then sent a blood smear to a pathologist and it showed no leukemia or cancer. So right now we are trying Val syrup which is liquid vitamins. She just received a B12 and Iron shot yesterday and now seems worse. She is now only eating wet food and still isn't herself. I'm hoping it's just from the pain of the shots even though she is on pain meds.

So right now we are just searching to find out what is causing this. The Vet said the next option would be to look at the bone marrow. As anyone had this issue or a similar issues with their dobie?

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Super Moderator
21,989 Posts
Last month she had a blood test everything was normal, she was just having diarrhea so we switched her food put her on antibiotics. She was doing fine and then all of a sudden just wasn't herself. We did a blood test she was low on red blood cells. She was having pain in her abdomen, so we did an exploratory surgery on her. All organs were fine and no internal bleeding.

We did another blood test it came back with low red and white blood cells. We then sent a blood smear to a pathologist and it showed no leukemia or cancer. So right now we are trying Val syrup which is liquid vitamins. She just received a B12 and Iron shot yesterday and now seems worse. She is now only eating wet food and still isn't herself. I'm hoping it's just from the pain of the shots even though she is on pain meds.

So right now we are just searching to find out what is causing this. The Vet said the next option would be to look at the bone marrow. As anyone had this issue or a similar issues with their dobie?
Welcome to the forum. You might get more responses if you start a new thread in the health section. I think there's more "traffic" there than in the New Member section.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Welcome from Ky. Where about in Indy are you? I live right by Lawerenceburg.
I hope all is well with your girl. We never get enough time with them.

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, I will post in the health concerns forum. Have a good day!

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Ky. Where about in Indy are you? I live right by Lawerenceburg.
I hope all is well with your girl. We never get enough time with them.
I live in the Terre Haute area. Thank you, hoping she does get better soon too.

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
Hello fellow Hoosier, welcome to DT. Prayers are being sent out to you and Bella. I hope she gets better soon.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I live in the Terre Haute area. Thank you, hoping she does get better soon too.
We have family there, and they have a great show there too!
Hugs for your girl

Reactions: Bellagirl2002

·
Officer Murphy #28
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RIP Bella

Today was the hardest day for me since my Father passed away one year ago yesterday. Today I had to make the decision to put her down. After running another blood test her white cells were high and reds were low. We did a chest x-ray and found cancer in her lungs. The Vet said she is probably in the last stages of cancer, meaning there's not much we can do for her.

Today I lost my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my pride, my protector, and truly the best dog I've ever had. As she passed she laid her head beside me. She never strayed from my side, not even at the very end. I knew this was probably going to be the outcome when we started to run all the tests, but it's hard to accept especially when a month ago she was a vibrant dog. Thank you to those for wishing her well. She stayed strong to the very end.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Today was the hardest day for me since my Father passed away one year ago yesterday. Today I had to make the decision to put her down. After running another blood test her white cells were high and reds were low. We did a chest x-ray and found cancer in her lungs. The Vet said she is probably in the last stages of cancer, meaning there's not much we can do for her.

Today I lost my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my pride, my protector, and truly the best dog I've ever had. As she passed she laid her head beside me. She never strayed from my side, not even at the very end. I knew this was probably going to be the outcome when we started to run all the tests, but it's hard to accept especially when a month ago she was a vibrant dog. Thank you to those for wishing her well. She stayed strong to the very end.
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.
Run free, Bella.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hello and welcome from Kentucky. I am so sorry for your Bella.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts