Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just found this site and wanted to say hello. I have a 2 year old female dobe with natural ears. She's a big girl, 85 lbs, but very healthy. I have some questions about behavior but I'll look through the site, first, before I post.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome. Can't wait to see pics of your girl.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!
As for pictures that may take some time. I'm not computer or internet literate and I'm not real sure how to get the pics from my digital camera to the site but I'll look into it!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello :wavey: and welcome from Southern Indiana!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to DT from me and my girls here in the U.K.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Here is my first attempt to send a picture.

I'd say that is a very good first attempt :)

How cute is that? Best buddies all snuggled up together :D

Welcome from Orson and me in Northern Indiana, are you north, south, east, or west of La Porte??.............

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I was typing and my post just disappeared so if this is a duplicate response I apologize.

To clarify a few things, the vet's office did want me to come in but as I talked to them about what had happened I remembered something similar with a male dobe I had. I decided not to take her in but the vet's office encouraged me to keep an eye on her and not wait.

The male dobe I had was a rescue with separation anxiety and he'd lift his leg every time you left. He was tested for everything and the doc said he just had "issues between the ears" and even Puppy Prozac didn't help. He had been abused so I just figured he got scared when I would leave. I just had to make sure he was caged before I would leave.

Ladybug went home Monday and there were no further incidents from either dog at either home. Monday night I made Lexi stay in her cage but last night I let her up on the guest bed with me - under a bunch of towels - and nothing happened. I find it hard to believe if this is a medical issue it would just start and stop. I think the trianer had a point but I also find it a lot of urine for just marking.

Lexi has her annual physical and shots in a few months and I'll continue to keep a close eye on her to see if anything changes.

She has exhibited other behavior in the last few months that is different, too. I once left her loose in the house for a about 6 hours and came home to find a puddle in the hallway. She had been loose before and could hold it. She also took to chasing and eating rabbits this winter and I had her tested for parasites and checked by the vet. He said it was very natural for dogs to do this and she was parasite free. Since the weather has warmed and we are back to our walking routine the rabbit chasing has stopped.

I don't know if this is a maturity thing but she does seem to have changed. She is more mellow than she used to be and also more protective. I think the new relationship was an adjustment for her. It just used to be "me and mommy and little sissy" and now there's this guy and another dog. He also has a cat and she's real interested in finding that and examing it up close. The cat, however, is NOT so interested. We have to really watch her around the cat. One minute she leaves it alone and the next she tries to chase it.

We'll just give this a little time, but not too much time if this is a health problem, and I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Angie, I am in Indy - southside. :) Mouse is Lexi's baby. Lexi is Mouse's world. They get along really well together! R

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Uh, oh, I just realized I posted the long message on the wrong forum. Can it be moved? It was in responses to questions I had about separation or dominance. I can re-type it over there. Just let me know.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Welcome from Ria and Rudi in Cincinnati Ohio!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hi Angie, I am in Indy - southside. :) Mouse is Lexi's baby. Lexi is Mouse's world. They get along really well together! R
Well pooh! that is far away for play dates now isn't it? LOL

It's great how they love each other so.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Angie, yeah, that is too bad because Lexi loves to play with other dogs especially other dobes.

To everyone else, I'm amazed at how many people have responded. Everyone is so friendly. I'm going to really like this forum! :) R

1 - 20 of 28 Posts