Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is time to give a chilly introduction after lurking for the last couple of weeks.

My wife and I hail from the frigid countryside of Indiana. We are waiting (not very patiently) for our little girl who will join us in May. Mystique (or Teak for short) will be the third Dobie for us. The first two were rescues and we lost the last one almost five years ago. At that time we had decided no more as it was just too hard when they cross the rainbow bridge. Well as you all know once you have had a Dobie in you heart it is not possible to go on without another one.

We though we would be smart and got a parrot (they live 50 years or more), but no matter how much fun and love they bring, they are by no means a Dobie. Well we now have four thanks to a hand me down and our daughter. Her Cocker sits in front of the cages and begs for food so it will be interesting when Teak comes into the mix. But it should be no problem and the african grey is alreading saying her name from the video we took a couple of weeks ago and keep replaying.

Anyway another hello from another couple of fourty somethings. :tongue23:

Mike & Linda

·
Registered
891 Posts
Welcome Mike and Linda!!! I have 2 girls and we are in VA. I have a sister-in-law who lives in Clarksville, is that close to you guys?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hi Mike and Linda..I am just right over the Indiana Kentucky border.....how far are you from Kentucky? Welcome from Christina, Sabot(Red male dobie) and Paris (female Standard Poodle pup)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hey! A Great big 'chilly' welcome right back atcha from Indiana too! This weather has been something huh? (finally glad to get some more Hoosiers here, this place is full of Buckeyes!!)

Congrats on the new addition, and can't wait to see pictures of them all.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from me and my girls here in the U.K.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ann said:
A Big Welcome To The best Form.
We chose this site because most of the other sites we found seemed so judgemental and this one seemed more of a family.

We are from a little town outside of Indianapolis. I have it in frapper if anyone is interested.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Now if we could just warm it up outside to something other than single digits and negative wind chill.

Mike & Linda

Most Recent Photo of Mystique

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome. She is a cute girl with a beautiful name.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Welcome from Florida. We have a red boy Titus that is 2 years old and our black beauty is 16 weeks old her name is Jada. Sure hope you guys get some warm weather soon. My brother in law and sister in law live in Indianapolis.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to DT from me and my two doberkids. we are freezing over her in MD so you have lots of cold company here at the forum.

Teak is so beautiful. there is nothing like the sad little face of a doberpuppy...

cc

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. It has been cold her too. Yesterday we went to the park, it got up in the 40`s, but we are now back to cold. Anyway we have 1 11 month old dobie, 1 10 year old lab and 4 cats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts