Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Rebekah. I've gotten onto DobermanTalk in the past from Google, when researching on Dobes or to get more info when I needed help. I have two Dobes, a male Fawn named Solomon, and a female white, named Sheba. I've always loved the breed, but admittedly, didn't know a ton about WZ and BYB before I bought my male. Yes, I first went off of price (which after vet costs, ear crop costs, and other things, it would probably have been cheaper to just spend alot on one from a quality breeder). While I don't consider him a subpar animal just because he's from a byb, he's been fixed to prevent continuing his line. My female Sheba came to us from Gatlinburg. I was in contact with a woman who owns a German Shepherd kennel up there and her friend released Sheba to her because her husband wouldn't let her keep her (after all they are "dangerous" and they have grandchildren). Her friend had gotten her off of Craigslist and when she went to see her, she couldn't leave her @ the house she was at. They were practically starving her and seriously mistreating her. I had been looking for a companion for my male for awhile and when she told me about Sheba, I just fell in love with this sweet heart. She had been abused as a puppy, she had mange when I got her, and her cup had been left on so long that it had started a small infection. She's cost us alot in vet bills, but she is so good with my girls, and when I felt led that she should be a part of our family, im glad it was an instinct I listened too. I never thought I would own a white, as I don't agree with breeding them, but I also don't agree in outright killing them or that they are a subpar species. They are a living, breathing animal, who need love also. I'd include photos of my babies, but it always says the photos are too large, and i don't have a clue how to change their format.

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
Many people here use Photobucket to upload their photos. I use Picasa. Either of those will allow you to resize your photos and post them directly in threads.

Welcome to DT.

Reactions: anglfyr1786
1 - 5 of 5 Posts