Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!
I happened to stumble across this forum today, and I'm sure glad I did! I am beginning my quest for a Dobe. My family had a Doberman when I was growing up, she was the best dog we ever had. She died at the age of 14 of the after effects of a stroke, and I was devastated. Now that I am ready to have my own! I am doing my research before I even contact any breeders. I believe in making informed decisions (thanks mom lol)! Does anyone recommend any breeders here in the east? I am interested in a red and rust male puppy, but not until probably next summer. I will most likely not being showing the dog, I am primarily looking for a companion and friend. I don't mind driving a few hundred miles for the right breeder. Thanks so much and I look forward to learning a lot of information here! :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Where exactly are you located? East, yes.. but city/state? Everyone on this site believes in buying pups from an ethical breeder who does the proper health testing. This breed DOES have a lot of health issues, which can be a down fall; so health testing can really pay off in the long run! If you post where exactly you live someone can probably help you get in contact with a breeder who is close to you. Please use this site as a reference to find anything you need or would like to know about this breed! It has tons and tons of useful information.

Oh, and welcome to DT from VA!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts