Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! My fiancée and I purchased a Dobie pup a few weeks back and have been using DT as our main reference for all things Dobie. Figured it was about time I introduced myself and our little pup, Petra.

She was about 9 weeks old in this picture (around when we first got her)

And here she is right after getting her crop (smiling haha)

And just a bonus pic of her and her big sister when they were getting to know each other

Glad to be here and thanks for all the useful information. It's been very helpful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from Virginia! Stick around and especially ready threads on posting if you need help!
:wavey:
I think we have the posting thread on bookmark. We just can't get it to stay properly. A quick shake of her head and off it comes. I'm hoping it's just newbie mistakes. Just finished up round 3 for the day and so far, she seems content and isn't messing with them /fingerscrossed

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Welcome from another North Carolinian. Sweet photos! Was she just cropped? Have the stitches come out and the edges are completely healed? You have to be really careful not to cut off circulation in those ears - the photo shows the tape really tight on the top part of the ears and no tape around the bell. That won't work and may cause a lot of problems. Did your vet send your pup home that way? I'm assuming you got the crop done and not the breeder.

BTW, if you want some help with posting I'll be glad to show you. I don't think Clayton is terribly far from Hillsborough (maybe an hour?).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from another North Carolinian. Sweet photos! Was she just cropped? Have the stitches come out and the edges are completely healed? You have to be really careful not to cut off circulation in those ears - the photo shows the tape really tight on the top part of the ears and no tape around the bell. That won't work and may cause a lot of problems. Did your vet send your pup home that way? I'm assuming you got the crop done and not the breeder.

BTW, if you want some help with posting I'll be glad to show you. I don't think Clayton is terribly far from Hillsborough (maybe an hour?).
Yes. The pictures were from 3 days after the stitches were removed. It was done by the vet and it did seem a bit tight. Petra was able to shake it loose though. My fiancee and I have been trying to apply the tape a little more loosely but it seems like her ears are sweating and causing the tape to slip.

We would love if you could help us with the posting. She just got back from a 11 pm Walgreens run for different supplies so we can try a different route. It's a lot of trial and error so any help is greatly appreciated. I will send you a pm with my contact information and hopefully we can set up a time. We sincerely thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts