Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dobie<3
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've referenced this site so often that I felt like I was cheating not to join. I love it here!

I am a second time Dobie owner. We got our first Dobergirl, Sabre in Fort Lauderdale (we lived in Florida for 10 years) in 2000. She loved the beach and each of the two babies that I brought home. Our own, not puppies. :) She suffered from Wobblers at the young age of 6. I was able to nurse her back from the horrible illness and she enjoyed 3 more years of life before passing away suddenly in our home in 2008. All of that said ... it was an absolute heartbreak but I will have a Dobie until I die. Some people find a breed that they just find a bond with and I found that with my Sabre. She loved my children and raised them from babies. We still talk about her every night with our prayers.

We adopted our current Doberman "Dasher" from a rescue in Columbus Ohio. He was 10 months old. Not the easiest experience taking on someone else's negligence and abuse but he has turned out to be a blessing. In the 2+ years that we have been his, he has gained 25 pounds, recovered from Demodex (mange) and successfully completed a costly, time consuming behavioral therapy program. He is now a perfectly obedient Doberboy ~ so handsome and loving. More than anything, he is LOVED. At any given time, you will find him attached to my hip, lol. Velcro boy! He is my 6 year-old's bestest friend in the world. Loves the bus stop and often is dressed up in girl's dress-up clothing. My son loves to play fetch with him and my husband loves to run with him. I just love to love him and teach him tricks. If you can adopt and are willing to truly take on whatever dog needs you, it is worth every part of yourself that you put into it. Dash is a blessing to our family and his personality is priceless.

Thanks for letting me share and join in here! So many of you have already helped me without even knowing it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yea! So glad you found this site!! I am the one who rescued Dasher off of Craigslist from the home that the so called "reputable breeder" sold him to. I cannot wait to see Dasher again. ~Lisa

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome to DT. What a wonderful story. I'm so glad Dasher is in the hands of someone who loves him! Thank you for rescuing.

·
Dobie<3
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!!! Lisa, if Ari is your dog, we DID spend some time together at Doberfest! We may make it to the next event. Glad to see you here as well. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have our boy! Glad to be here everyone ~ thanks for the warm welcome!:D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome from VA.. and thank you for posting up a little about your dobies. Most people just say their name and move on lol.

Looking forward to pictures. Thanks for adopting :)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Just saw this post and hello from a place not so far from you!!

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Hi & welcome from the UK.
Dasher sounds like a great dobe, thank you for giving him a loving home. All our dobes came from our local dobe rescue. They're the best aren't they?
BTW we love pics... hint hint.;)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

Bless you for bringing Dasher into your heart and home.

Rescues are the best! :)

Hugz to you and yours!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts