Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say hello to everyone as I have been lurking here for a few days now. it was bittersweet finding this site. We lost our precious baby Zeus, 4 years old, to DCM on 1/31. We have (had) 2 Dobes. Sampson, a red, who is fast approaching his 9th birthday. He is a happy 'old man' in great health, although a bit sad and confused at the sudden loss.

Zeus was our black baby boy, the very epitome of the Velcro dog. Sadly we were caught unaware and when our vet told us it could be DCM and sent us to the vet hospital for an echo I did some searching and found this site. Zeus did not make it home form the hospital and I am ashamed to admit I knew nothing about DCM, even after 9 years with my first Dobe.

We will get another dobe, eventually, but I wanted to say hello first and say thanks for the forum and its users. The knowledge and sense of community has been helpful. Thank you, Drew.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Welcome to DT I'm so sorry for your loss and finding us due to such a horrible situation.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri and so sorry to hear you lost your Friend and companion. Sending you a big Dober Hug

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Welcome from south Florida ..........we tried to move to Charlotte a few years ago and nothing happened:( I'm so sorry for your loss.......my first dobe died from DCM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the welcomes and wishes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts