Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ben and im a very proud owner of a 3 year and 4 month old Doberman names Rocky. I have owned Rocky since he has been around 8 months and have loved having him in my life since day 1. My girlfriend is also getting a Dobe herself soon, she fell in love with Rocky and the breed and now she just has to have one herself. She should be receiving a female Dobe about 10weeks old within two weeks so ill keep you guys posted.

Just wanted to introduce myself and my little man, ive been searching for Dobe forums and finally found one so im very excited. I am also wondering if anyone here is in the NYC area. I rarely see any doberman, but i know when i grow up and have my own family i will have atleast 3 dobermans around. I just love the breed and there personality. I love there look and everything about them.

My doberman did have some problems when he was alittle younger which resulted in a lot of money and at last resort a biopsy, and also a patch of no hair on his thigh. Come to find out he is allergic to something in the rabbies vaccination and it causes him to lose her and kills his hair follicules. Eventhough he has no hair on this thigh and its a big patch of no hair, he is still beautiful to me and will always be, but let me stop ranting, hope to hear back from some of you, have a great day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A pic when he was a youngin under a year old and before he lost some hair on his thigh. My little black and tan Dobe.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh he's a beauty! :)

Welcome to the forum. It truly is a great place. I've learned so much here. As I myself have my very first Doberman and he's just about 8 months ;) There is so much to learn and I keep learning each day being here!!

I'm pretty sure there are a few ppl from the NY area. I myself am from Ontario, Canada. We don't have many Dobes in my town. I think I've seen a total of 2, other then my lil (or big haha) guy :D

Again welcome!

OH and can't wait to see pictures of your gf's lil dobergirl. :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh yeah, and I'm sorry to hear about the poor guys allergic reaction. So, how do you get his rabie shot? Or do they recommend you don't get it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luv_my_Bruno said:
Oh yeah, and I'm sorry to hear about the poor guys allergic reaction. So, how do you get his rabie shot? Or do they recommend you don't get it?
Thanks for the warming welcome. I have spoken with my Vet and he told me to basically cancel the yearly shot, im not sure if this is the best way, but he told me that if he gets the shot again the patch will get even bigger, even more hair will fall off and that it wont grow back.

Pictures of the little dober girl will be up within weeks, hopefully we will get her soon.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from me and my pack,I live close to NY just the other side of the Atlantic ocean in fact :) O.K. so i live in England but if you take Ireland out of the way we are next door! Welcome again we have a group of great people here, always willing to lend an ear, or give out some advice,or have a laugh as you will find out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
brumwolf said:
Hi and welcome to the forum from me and my pack,I live close to NY just the other side of the Atlantic ocean in fact :) O.K. so i live in England but if you take Ireland out of the way we are next door! Welcome again we have a group of great people here, always willing to lend an ear, or give out some advice,or have a laugh as you will find out.
Lol, nice sense of humor. The forum looks great one of the main reasons i joined, i believe my girlfriend will soon join as well.

Im very familiar with forums since im on two car forums, and this forum is setup very nicely.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hello and welcome! I am in Illinois near Chicago! and I have a 2 year old Doberman named Duchess. When Duchess got her rabbies shot...she got a small sized lump and realized that it was where she got her rabies shot..and called the vet to make sure. Luckily no hair loss...just the lump and it went away. Make sure your girlfriend joins!!!

Just a random question for anyone...Do we have any couples here at Dobermantalk? if we do...and they are active in the forum they dont show any public displays of affection lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
LapDog said:
Just a random question for anyone...Do we have any couples here at Dobermantalk? if we do...and they are active in the forum they dont show any public displays of affection lol
My husband uses my account. But he doesn't post or anything. He just looks at the gallery pictures ;) He loves looking at all the different dobes. He will sometimes read info on Dobes in here also. He's not much of a computer person tho.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey Ben, Rocky looks great. My girlfriend lives in Astoria, and hopes to have a tall dark and handsome (black and tan) dobie be a part of her life one day.

Naveen

1 - 20 of 45 Posts