Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gus's_Lady
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I've found a lot of comfort in reading your stories here the past few days. We lost our 9 year old Dobie, Hanz, on Thursday (04/12/12). He was killed in a tragic car accident after one of our children left the gate open. He and his littermate, Gus, went on a wild adventure to the golf course, which sits next to a 4 lane highway. Our Gus attempted to cross the highway, the car swerved to miss him, and Hanz jumped between Gus and the car. He died a hero, and as he lived, protecting his brother. :(

Wow. It's taken me days to type that, and it bring me to tears again.

Anyway, Gus was picked up by our local school bus driver and returned safely home. He is the saddest dog I've ever seen. He & Hanz were littermates, who'd never been separated until Hanz passed last week. I've been doing everything I can to love & spoil him, but he is so sad. I can't even fathom getting another dog at this point to cheer him up. My heart just isn't in it.
Anyway, we are a family of 6, which includes my husband, our 3 children, and Gus, our 9 year old,loving, Dobie-child. Glad to have found this site.

Amy (Gus's_ Mom)

·
Gus's_Lady
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm glad we didn't lose them both either. I just hope Gus pulls through this. I'm terrified of losing him too.

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

RIP Hanz.

Reactions: Gus's_Lady

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Very sorry for the loss of your Hanz; prayers for your family. Hanz will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

All Creatures Great and Small, The Lord god Made them All.

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
I am terribly sorry to hear this. Very sad. Welcome to DT, I hope along with the comfort you are seeking that you find pleasure in this site too!

RIP HANZ

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,596 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So very sorry about your boy! rest in peace Hanz. I'm sure his brother will be ok with loving owners like you. We lost both of our dobbie boy's, the first 2 years ago(Max) died of cardio, and his younger brother Cody was also very sad but he bonded even stronger to us, and we spoiled him rotten until he died two weeks ago also to cardio. It is so heartbreaking to loose these wonderful dogs!

·
Gus's_Lady
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again for all of the kind words and support. It has been a tough few days. Gus had a better day today, he seemed a bit more playful and social. My heart just breaks for him. I finally got my photo files to attach, so I included a couple of Hanz.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts