Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. My name is Arthur and I just a black male Doberman. He is 11 weeks old. I am looking forward to talking with all of you.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.. as you can tell we are crazy about photos.. Welcome again from the frznbuns gang

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello my name is Arthur I am 20 years old and my Puppy is named Duke and he is 11 weeks old. This is my second dog. My first dog was a Dalmation we got when I was 4. He died last year. I just moved back home with my parents and this my father and mothers second Doberman. They had one when I was born. My other pets are fish.

Here is him at the breeder the day before I brought him home.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Arthur and Duke and welcome again.Nice looking fellow he is too,do get into a local training class for basic O.B. you will find you have a much better dog if you do some training and who knows you may have an O.B. champ on your hands!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you know of any good sites where I can find a good OB class? Someone told me to stay away from petsmart classes.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Arthur,
Here is a link to the Association of Pet Dog Trainers - there is a place on this site where you can search for trainers in your area. Just because they're listed on this site doesn't mean they're good - Do your homework, ask for references, watch a class or two before you commit...

·
Registered
665 Posts
You have a beautiful boy on your hands! Congrats on the new pup. My red doberman (in my avatar pic) is my new furkid and is five months old but growing like a horse! We start obedience class on Monday, I'd reccomend you ask around local vets to find a reputable one. I'm not a big fan of the Petsmart ones....it's usually in a small area, etc. Good luck and again, congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I agree with others about the petsmart classes - with the exception of puppy kindergarten. I took cody to the kindergarten class and the socializing aspect was good - forget learning any ob there.

but welcome to you and your handsome little doberboy.

cc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts