Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am Mickey and i have one dog so i want to get ans of some question so i invited this thread.
How do you know that your doberman is your dog? I have been reading that dobermans will follow ther owner everywhere. my dog does that sometimes, but not all the time. She follows everyone around, especially my boxer. Are dobermans like to be picked up? i pick her up (14 weeks), she then wants to be put down. Do dobermans like to have there own alone time? I just get jelous when she is not by myside. lol.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
mickey123 - good questions and welcome.

If your puppy, has not bonded fully yet, having the boxer and second dog in the house...could explain some of what your seeing.
- and you have not assumed the leadership role yet, for whatever reason
Only having one dog, probably makes the velcro attachment easier to foster, your second dog could become...more the baby sitter.
I have only been a one dog family, and I play, teach, love & hung my puppy & talk to it often, like a child...and my dogs stick to me like glue.
Early OB training (on & off leash) and tons of puppy socialization with people probably helped setup my dobe.
- she clearly know the leader of the family pack / it was never another dog
Much training and engaged puppy play, goes a long way...and don't allow your Boxer to be, the dobes major play-mate.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri MIckey123. She is a puppy and learning the ropes. Do you play and engage her a lot??? If she has the boxer to play with she will bond more with another dog than you so you need to spend more time with her alone. Take her lots of places, socialize her and the more time you spend with her the more she will bond with you. If she spends more time with the Boxer then that will be her primary bond.

It is a delicate balance when you have more than one dog. You hear it all the time - the first dog is so well behaved - well DUH - the first dog only had you and no other distratctions - The second dog has the other dog and you. Divided attention.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you have other dogs, I would just make sure you get lots of training and play time alone with her, so she doesn't get to 'doggy' and just want to play with the other dogs. Make sure all the time she's with you, she's having fun and it's a positive experience :)

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Welcome to DT. :) With Java, my 5 month old...we play every day, we train every day, we snuggle every day. He gets that I'm a source of fun, structure, stimulation, and comfort/affection, and now he comes to me for all of those things. It takes a little time to build the bond...you'll get there with patience. :) And I don't know about liking to be picked up per se, Java has always preferred to snuggle next to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Missouri MIckey123. She is a puppy and learning the ropes. Do you play and engage her a lot??? If she has the boxer to play with she will bond more with another dog than you so you need to spend more time with her alone. Take her lots of places, socialize her and the more time you spend with her the more she will bond with you. If she spends more time with the Boxer then that will be her primary bond.

It is a delicate balance when you have more than one dog. You hear it all the time - the first dog is so well behaved - well DUH - the first dog only had you and no other distratctions - The second dog has the other dog and you. Divided attention.
Hi and welcome from NY!
Thanks For invited.i got it this info but some time i have not time and i didn't spend time but your suggestion is good next time i spent time for my dog.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts