Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heidi is a 5 year old doberman. She was walking on leash with her owner and a person approached wanting to pet her. It sounds like he leaned down as she jumped up, and she hit him in the nose, breaking it. Now the city of Royal Oak wants to euthanize her!! They are labeling this a "dog attack". Please take a moment to read Heidi's story and sign the petition.

I know Heidi. I know her owner slightly. Heidi is a good girl! She does not deserve this! She is a well loved, well trained Dobe. PLEASE sign for Heidi, it only takes a minute and her life is on the line. Thank you.

Save Heidi Home

·
Registered
44 Posts
Heidi is a 5 year old doberman. She was walking on leash with her owner and a person approached wanting to pet her. It sounds like he leaned down as she jumped up, and she hit him in the nose, breaking it. Now the city of Royal Oak wants to euthanize her!! They are labeling this a "dog attack". Please take a moment to read Heidi's story and sign the petition.

I know Heidi. I know her owner slightly. Heidi is a good girl! She does not deserve this! She is a well loved, well trained Dobe. PLEASE sign for Heidi, it only takes a minute and her life is on the line. Thank you.

Save Heidi Home
Signed, and I pray this has a happy ending :( So sad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Signed!

Royal Oak Michigan?

Seriously, what is it with Michigan right now? That's two cases today.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
There are two threads on this - maybe they can be consolidated?

Petition signed. I also think they should get a lawyer involved and if necessary get the man who called the police to make his statement under oath and maybe be deposed.

I mean, why should Heidi even be restricted to only being in the house? She didn't do anything wrong.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Are you kidding me?!?!? I cant count the number of times I have been smacked in the face while leaning over to give my dogs some lovin'. The general public is full of a bunch of self-entitled morons who think they have the right to get in your dogs face and then press charges for their bad manners (the people not dogs, no dog should be expected to act perfect 100% of the time- but people should know better). I feel so bad for this family. I hope everything turns out OK and Royal Oaks realizes the stupidity of this. poor little Heidi and her family.
I signed and passed along to my friends.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I posted this in the other Heidi thread too, but I spoke to her owner tonight. Heidi will not be euthanized. If she cannot win the case to keep Heidi, the City will allow her to return Heidi to us, Second Chance Dobes. Heidi was adopted from us nearly 4 years ago. PLEASE STILL SIGN THE PETITION!! Heidi's family has hired an attorney and are trying to keep Heidi. They love her very much, and she has a wonderful home there. Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I posted this in the other Heidi thread too, but I spoke to her owner tonight. Heidi will not be euthanized. If she cannot win the case to keep Heidi, the City will allow her to return Heidi to us, Second Chance Dobes. Heidi was adopted from us nearly 4 years ago. PLEASE STILL SIGN THE PETITION!! Heidi's family has hired an attorney and are trying to keep Heidi. They love her very much, and she has a wonderful home there. Thank you all!
Anyone with commonsense would know that a dog is not going to deliberately break someone's nose. Take a bite out of their face? maybe. But if the guy's nose was broken, it's not like Heidi gave him a right hook or something like that. Anyone who tries to visualize it will know that the man is lying if he claims she was being aggressive.

Why in the world would this man even report it to the police dept? It was an accident. Let's say two people collide (with neither at fault for the collision) and one person lands and breaks their wrist. Can the one with the broken wrist sue the other man for malicious behavior and have him locked up? This sucks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Signed.
I love people who think crowding over top of a dog is a good idea... especially a dog who isn't theirs... my husband learned the hard way when almost 50lbs worth of dobe gets excited, a forehead to the chin will make you bite through your tongue. Good thing my hubby knows he was wrong and doesn't hold it against our little man.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts