Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,593 Posts
My mom does that change direction when they start to get ahead of themselves with the dogs she volunteers with and walks at the shelter.

He has really taken this to heart and now sometimes sits on his own when we reach the far curb even tho I keep on walking. I feel the leash tighten and turn around to see him sitting like a good boy, waiting for praise.
Thats great! and how cute! its like "wait!!!look both ways and make sure its safe duh!!! gosh!!!! I need to put a leash on YOU!" monte says! what a good boy
one time I was walking coco and you have to be careful sometimes if your dog is walking kinda behind you cause one day I was walking into the house...was on my drive way...and next thing you know the leash was dangling at my side with his collar....no dog! I turn around and throw my body around coco so he couldnt get away lol now I have a habit to always keep a good eye on them when they lag behind me (and make sure their collar is tight enough ;))

· Registered
3,593 Posts
I think I've just decided that I will get further and have more fun if I say "good" more often than "bad". You know? Why tell her no, you can't do that - like walking with freedom - when I can praise her for handling her freedom well?
sometimes I remind Duchess if she is starting to get ahead of herself and she starts to speed up a little and break the heal...I say "Where's my good girl?" and she backs up and looks right at me....like saying "Im right here! sorry I forgot"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.