Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have read in my other post, Maggie is now 8 months, and I believe she may be going into her first heat, after which, I am spaying her. My concern is that she has peed in her crate the last 2 days, and is very hyperactive (more than usual- borderline crazy!). She also is peeing tons more outside than usual and just seems off the wall. A couple male dogs were "hanging out" outside the fence yesterday morning when I let her out to pee, and she was running barking at them and what I almost call female marking - she would run squat, run squat, etc, as she was barking at them.

Is this excessive urination common around a heat cycle?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yeah, my girl would leave a trail of urine on our walks, stopping three or four times to relieve herself. She didn't mark as much as a dog would, but she gave it her best.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Amber is a right strumpet when in heat, she cocks her leg doggy style to pee up bushes.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Geez oh man Brum, how on earth do you manage having FOUR girls that go into heat? Your patience level must be unreal! I couldn't stand Lex going into heat, and I only dealt with 3 heats!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
You could say i am hardened to it now!!we just have a routine where they do not go to training/shows/anywhere but the fields on A LEASH at all times.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Tamora--now 9 months--1st heat--Day 14. No excess peeing or hyperactivity. As a matter of fact ,when she has her undies on, she tends to curl up and sleep wherever I am. I think she thinks she has some form of a straight jacket on.
As far as marking, had a spayed doberman ,now deceased who marked as much as the male when we were marking. She was so good, she would go and not miss a step while walking.She figured out how to leave a drop and not get corrected on a 6 foot leash. This breed is just too smart.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Oh yes like "Miss Piss Pot Patty". My kids called her a **** when she was in heat before we got her fixed, frank way of putting it, but true.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java did the same thing at the dog park - 'marking' every ten feet or so it seemed. I thought she had a bladder the size of a peanut until it finally dawned on me what she was doing and that maybe we'd better stay out of the DP for a while. Our breeder had recommended that we wait until after her first heat before we spay her, and since there was a Burmese Mt Dog at the DP who always had his eye on Java, I thought it better to stay away. The pups would have a sweet temperament but gosh they would be as ugly as sin.....Java wasn't 'in the mood' - if any male started sniffing or hanging around she'd give him 'what for', snapping the air until be got the message and backed off. I just found it easier to take long walks in the woods with her instead until her show had passed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of your replies. I really am not sure if she is in heat or not (no more bleeding or swelling as of yet).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts