Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 8 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
7,307 Posts
Sue, welcome to DT from San Antonio! Great picture montage! What Dobes do you have currently?
I'm a relatively "new" Doberman owner, currently only on our third one. :)

· Super Moderator
23,795 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: melbrod

· Premium Member
14,952 Posts
Welcome from Portland (Oregon, the left hand one)--I spent the winter of 1993/94 in Vermont with an Australian Shepherd puppy--he (and I survived one of the worst winters in Vermont history) but it was fortunate that it was an Aussie with an all-weather coat who wasn't phased at all by cold weather or snow (or ice or anything else) and not a cold sensitive Dobe puppy

dobebug

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sue, welcome to DT from San Antonio! Great picture montage! What Dobes do you have currently?
I'm a relatively "new" Doberman owner, currently only on our third one. :)
Thank you; and I am definitely wishing I was in San Antonio about now, with 6" of snow on the ground here! LOL

Presently we have Liam; a 6mos old male that has been with on not quite 3days. He is from DRU (Doberman Rescue in NH), where we have adopted the last half a dozen dogs. Previous to Liam was our 9yr old girl Diamond, (also a DRU adoptee) who had been an 'only dog'; she had some trigger that just couldn't be identified that would see her going-off on and attacking any other dog without warning. However we lost her on the 12th of this month and the house was way to quiet without a dog in it so Liam has now joined us and we will add a second very shortly.

Early on in my Doberman ownership I had raised a number from puppyhood. I had two show dogs (one from Kay Strauss (Sherluck) and another from Cresthill breeding), others which I showed in the obedience arena, and one that I also did a little Schutzhund work with. However, I mostly have had Dobes just as 'family'!

One of our children has a coming 3yr old (Zoe) who was with us for a short stint while he was saving money to buy his own house. Of course it meant fencing in a quarter of the yard so Zoe could have her own space independent of Diamonds Fifedom. But now Zoe just visits and will be able to enjoy time with baby Liam. 😁

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts