Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diesel is now about 6-months old, and bigger than Bruno my spaniel collie cross.

Diesel when playing with Bruno tries to clamp Bruno's head in his mouth, Bruno doesn't seem bothered by this but I am worried that Diesel might damage one of Bruno's eyes.

Bruno already has a few scabs on his head under the hair; I can only assume that Diesel has broken the skin....

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah, keep them under supervision. Lexy got really close to Scrappy's eye just a few days ago. Fortunetely we just ended up with a scratch about an inch away from her eye. And a few goobers the next day. So I watch them closely now, Srappy never used to even want to play, now she's raring to go for it!

·
Registered
281 Posts
when i take Harvey and Jake a Staffie bull terrier out together i have to watch them like hawks..they play nicely but they sometimes get alittle rough ..they get the odd little scratch but thats gonna happen..i seperate them when it starts getting silly for a chill out time :)

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
More than likely Diesel is just confirming that he is the Alpha dog in the Pak, dogs will stand over another and "block" so to speak or as you said try to bite or clamp the head and neck area. The thing that you have to remember is that you are ALPHA in your pak and you decide when enough is enough. Keep a close eye on them because if Bruno is starting to get a little frisky with Diesel perhaps Bruno is not ready to submit to Diesl being Alpha.

There will be a PAK order no doubt about it and if push comes to shove it is possible that someone could get hurt so you need to keep a close eye on the dogs. At 6 months now Diesel is coming into his own and will most likely challenge YOU and the other dogs to decide where he is going to fit into the Pak. The next few months should be fun in your house. :D :D

TD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts