Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my dobe last Monday from my bestfriend who breeds them. He is 15months old. I got him home, and he came from a huge farm where he ran around all day and had a schedule. I kept with his same feeding routine however, he still goes and plays at the farm for a good section of the day about 4hours, then comes home and gets another walk before bed. He is not used to doing his business on a leash, however I do not feel comfortable taking it off, esp. at night time. (note: we are moving in 6days to new home so he will have a huge fenced in yard. All we have are paddocks.) first night he would not poop at all, second morning/and night he did, the third night is was loose, almost liquid. so we treated the way the vet told us and he thought it may have been a rawhide we gave him, so we took those away, now tonight we walked him and he didnt need to poop at all. I am going to keep him on a very long rope outside to roam so I can monitor his bowel movements b/c at the big farm you have no idea if he goes are not. He has not been acting different, playful as normal, drinking plenty of water, peeing, and has a desire to eat. So if he is constipated what should I give him?? My vet said pumpkin (not the pie filling) any other suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Pumpkin is pretty standard treatment for constipation or diarrhea either one. Sounds like you have pretty good handle on what needs to be done. Congratulations on your new doberman.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Is the water from a different source a change is water can cause loose stools,pumpkin should help may need time to adjust.Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts