Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been really getting into photography for a while now and though I'm in the beginning stages and still a little inexperienced, a little business is definitely something I want to persue! I never realized how much interest there was in selling my pictures I took at lure coursing events. What better idea then to take two of my beloved passions and make a little income on. :)

Well here's where my problem lies...
I am horrible at coming up with names. I figured I would try a little fun contest on here to help. The winner that come up with the name I choose will win a hand drawn portrait of their pup. (Art is another passion of mine)

I got this amazing artist too who runs his own online comic to design my logo for me!!!! Guess what breed is gonna represent! The super awesome Doberman duh!

I was thinking I would focus more on dog sports so I would like the name to be related around that. Something catchy you think you guys are up for it? I would appreciate it greatly :)

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
How exciting! I'm going to have to give this some thought. I'll see what I can come up with! :)

Reactions: Serahfina

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
Ok, So I took it you meant photography business names (hopefully). Here's what I've come up with so far (and picturing a Doberman logo with it :) ):

Regal Premier Dog Sports Photography
Canine Impact Photography
Competitive Canine Photography
Show No Mercy - Sports Dogs Photography (or Competitive Canine Photography as the second part)
Ambitious Dogs Photography
Competitive Dog Photography
Dog-eat-Dog Sports Photography
Dog-eat-Dog Photography
Regal Canine Sports Photography
Extreme-Dog Sports Photography
Pure Dog Sports Photography

Is that what you sort of had in mind, or am I way off? lol

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,084 Posts
Dogs Are Athletes Too Sports Photography

The Athletic Canine in Pictures

Athletic Canines Photography

Dogs Go Zoom Photography

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I'm with darkevs. I never fully pursued it and I hate shooting people....lol... But I do scenery shots and abstracts as well as pets so had to pick a general name. "Captured Essentials"

Find something that isn't limited to just dogs or coursing but expresses what you feel about your photography. I.e..

In focus
Timeless moments
Memories by serafhina

Things like that :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
I know there's an Active Dogs Photography that takes pics of Dobermans dock diving, and other sports events, so just don't choose that name! haha I like Competitive Canines Photography. I also love your name, so as someone suggested, Serahfina's Photography sounds great too, in my opinion!

Here's the U.S. Patent and Trademark link to check to see if a names already been trademarked: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4801:ph7mhj.1.1

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess you do have a good point Dark, I don't think I could photograph humans though. I do want to do other pets as well cats, horses etc. I originally started with critter captures but after some thought I sounded like an exterminator. I would use my name but it is simple boring and very common. Serahfina is actually my characters name in a game. When I made this account I couldn't think of anything on the tip of my head so I went with that.

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
ahhh ok, wanting to photograph animals other than dogs changes things. Hmmmmm .....

I would also keep it simple enough so that it's easy for people to remember, since word-of-mouth is a big marketer. What are your initials?

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
You could always use your initials and do something like "JV Candid Captures" or something like that. You could also always just use your last name followed by Photography. Maybe also keep it real simple and have it just be "Click" lol.

We need more cluesss. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
So after much thought I decided on calling it Jenny Lynn's Furtography. It started off as a contest though and I still wanna do it so how about this. Submit me your action shots/or portrait of your pet(any breed) and the winner will be chosen at the end of the month :)
Cute and simple choice. I like it.

I'm terrible at action shots but this is one of my favorites that I took for Cato for his 1 year birthday.

·
Registered
16,038 Posts
I wanted to enter DogGone Photography as an action name, but then it changed to an all inclusive type name, probably wisely, but I'm gonna say it anyways to get it out of my mind.:)

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
Here's a pic I got of Jasmine while the sun was blaring lol. It made her eyes look pretty though I think.

Here's an action shot I like. Sorry, I don't have the best camera.

Reactions: Serahfina

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
I dont have many action shots and the ones I do have are blurry but I have a ton of posed ones, this one is Nexus being a princess

and for Bella I have one that is adorable .. she's bug watching

1 - 20 of 24 Posts