Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a full bred European Doberman, and it has come down to Ari Amaru in San Jose, California. I was just wondering if anybody had experience with him or has heard of anything that might be important in choosing him as a breeder for a future pup?

·
Got mutt?
13,601 Posts
I've not heard of him, and a google search turned up two different Facebook pages with practically no info and an Instagram with even less.

If you are interested in a European line Dobe, then checking out the United Doberman Cub breeders listing is a good idea A lot of them are incorporating Euro lines into their breeding programs. https://uniteddobermanclub.com/udc-breeder-directory/

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I found this.

https://marketplace.akc.org/breeder/ariamarudobermanns?source_breed=doberman-pinscher

Dogs look dirty and not taken care of and like they are being kept in a unclean kennel of sorts. Don't get me wrong puppies get dirty about 2 seconds after bathing BUT if the best pictures this breeder could post online are these and that's all of the care and consideration he takes, where else is he lacking?... Not someone I would suggest supporting.

As far as FB, the few pictures he has (and I likely had hundreds by this age) the puppies are on concrete. I'm not impressed by the dog doing bitework because that could be from the ONE time he showed up to have is dog evaluated and who knows if he actually bit the sleeve, if there even was a sleeve...

I also found this review, "We originally got our Doberman from Ari Amaru Doberman, and had a terrible experience. When Ari Amaru cropped her ears, he left them to be infected and our puppy was in a lot of pain. Luckily, we were able to contact **** and he helped us immediately when he saw how bad her ears were from Ari Amaru. **** has excellent service and was able to help us with our doberman's ears soon after I called. He was very prepared and knowledgeable. **** gently took out my doberman's ear posting, cleaned them thoroughly, and reposted them. I really appreciate that **** made the time to help me with my new Doberman puppy. Thank **** for all your help, advice, and immediate service! If you want a Doberman, go straight to ****!"

I took out the breeders name from the review because he's no better really.

Good luck. I'd also suggest going to UDC. I don't know anyone breeding a euro right now from any lines that I would support in the US. Have you considered importing? Or is there a particular reason you want a Euro? There are many great breeders here in the US producing heavy bone structure, nice heads and decent temperament.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts