Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
You can't kill the metal
832 Posts
frequently actually, I simply close the door before Lexi can waltz on in.

However, when I don't close the door she is always coming in. Most likely thinking to herself "gee it'd be a lot warmer if I could just do my business in here also"

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I try to close the door but diesel sits outside and cries and tries to come in. I think he's convinced the bathroom ate me haha usually I just let him go wherever with me. I was convinced he was about to get in the shower with me last night. He kept poking his head in.

I don't go anywhere without my sidekick now. He won't allow it ;) and honestly I wouldn't have it at other way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If we manage to get the door shut Dixie (westie) and Carmie will sit outside the door and whine. If you leave the door open even a tiny little crack that's it; both of them come in the bathroom. And if you're using the downstairs bathroom sometimes Baby the black lab will come in too; three dogs in a small bathroom:D

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,451 Posts
Anyone remember this story of mine?

"I did it!! I found a way to be ALONE, all by MYSELF, in the bathroom, even with a doberman in the house!

Tonight, after dark, I headed into the bathroom, closing the door VERY tightly to keep it from being pushed open (though, of course, none of our doors really latch). I knew my way around enough that I didn't even bother to turn the lights on but just sat there in the glow of the little nightlight, thinking deeply about SNOW (maybe we'll get some this weekend!)

Then suddenly...WHAM....it's Capri, hitting the door with her head and charging into the room like a rhinoceros. And I let out a yelp...a screech...an indescribable noise...but not really on purpose. I was just so startled and surprised that the noise spontaneously erupted out of me...and it was LOUD!!

Capri turned tail and disappeared back into the dark whence she came.

Now I had a real decision. I felt so badly that I had freaked her out. But should I encourage her to come back into the room so I could apologize to her and comfort her, knowing that my accidently taught "stay out of the bathroom" lesson would be undone......or should I let her worry out there in the dark, so I could have some time alone in the potty for once................"

It took her approximately 6 hours to come in again--well, actually, the first time I headed back, she did too.

·
Registered
939 Posts
How brave of you guys to go into the depths of the bathroom without the protection of your doberman! :roflmao: Callie goes with me, and lays on the floor.. little weirdo.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
LOL Melbrod!!

The only time I go to the bathroom alone is at work.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I used to purposely bring them with me when they were puppies (make sure they weren't getting into trouble), but now that they're grown ups they either get a door in their face, or they more often than not just stay in their beds. I can't imagine bringing a dog with me to the bathroom constantly, haha. That'd be weird. My dogs are just as velcro as any Doberman is, but I don't let them follow me everywhere.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts