Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i got home and i opened the door and Porsha has peed all over her self and her bed. Shes never done that, ever! 20mins. later we are eating dinner and she is standing near us and her back legs seem bent like she cant sit. We tell her to sit and she lays down. she looks at us but seems shaky like drunk. She would lay and lean to one side and try to catch herself. Then lean the other side and try and catch herself this was for about 15mins. and then she was acting her normal self. My hubby says she was outside with him shoveling the carport and sidewalk and acted like her normal self and played with him. We have no leaks on our engines so we ruled out poisioning, When she was shaky It honestly seemed like she was confused. For the last hour she has been sleeping and we have to shake her to get her to wake up but once she wakes up she acts normal. Ive called our pet emergency and they said it sounded like a seizure and to follow up with our normal vet. We have an appt but not til Monday. Im hoping someone can give a possible idea or even some piece of mind or any experiences they have had.

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any advice is apprecitated!

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Sounds like she did get into something to me Patches my Dachshund ate one of my pills I had dropped & did not know it.She acted confused her head was shaking. Took her to ER vet that is what they think happened she got charcoal given to her,IV's, spent the night. Then stayed at our vet's the next day more IV's and then got to come home the next night.
Rays & Huhs headed your way hope all is well with Porsha might have a UTI since she peed on herself & her bed might have a temperature ? might cause the shakes ?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Ain't no way I would let this go until Monday. I would be in the car NOW! I don't have a clue what is wrong, but there are a multitude of serious things which could be, and I would not want to wait and then discover that waiting had been a very bad idea.

At the very least, bloodwork and a tick panel should be run. Some kind of neuro exam would be nice, too.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's snowing up there, right? Could she have slipped and hurt her legs or back? The peeing and the bent legs and her laying down when she tried to sit, make me think that she lost control of that area and it might be related to her spine?? Don't know. Just a guess. But I will post so this can get bumped up and maybe someone else will answer.
Hope she is better and that it is nothing...

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
No way I'd wait 'til Monday either. Vibes for your girl.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Can't your regular vet work you in tomorrow? I definitely would not wait until Monday. I realize it's late and I'm not thinking with 100% but why would a pet emergency say to wait until Monday on a seizure.

·
Got mutt?
13,840 Posts
Another possiblility is Vestibular Syndrome. The sooner she goes to the vet the better.

Reactions: natdobe

·
Registered
206 Posts
I too can't believe that after explaining the episode your vet isn't trying to squeeze you in!
She doesn't sound like she can wait to be seen. Take her to a vet, any vet.
Please give an update on Porsha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Urinating, sleepiness, disorientation and wobbliness are all signs of a post-ictal state...post seizure. What caused the seizure can be several things from poisoning to a brain lesion. There is no way you can diagnose this at home and, in fact, may be difficult for a vet to diagnose.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree with the others. Take your dog to the vet ASAP and have a full set of blood test done. My prayers with you and Porsha.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hello? Any update? Hopefully you took the advice of the others and went to the vet today. Hugs and prayers for your girl.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have to wait til the 23rd due to money for the testing but Porsha is much better our neighbor has her during the day in case she has another episode and the Pet emergency said that if it happens again to take her there. Ill definitely keep you updated.

Reactions: Ripley!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts