Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that since Fall is setting in now, that your doberkids' appetite is increasing. Nikita's appetite has increased big time. She was doing between 3 or 4 cups of dry kibble a day. Now, it has gone up 5 to 6 cups, with a few times that she ended up with 8 cups of kibble. After eating her normal amount, she seems to be looking for more food and seems unsettled until she gets more. Then she calms down. Is this normal with the climate changes?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I havent noticed because since we got her Sasha is ALWAYS looking for more food. if i just left the food container open she would eat until she exploded or got sick which ever came first. i know this cause i learned my lesson the hard way i left her extra bag of food by the container and she ripped it open and ate a good 1/3 of the bag then proceeded to go in my livingroom and throw it all up

·
Registered
521 Posts
Kratty said:
that since Fall is setting in now, that your doberkids' appetite is increasing. Nikita's appetite has increased big time. She was doing between 3 or 4 cups of dry kibble a day. Now, it has gone up 5 to 6 cups, with a few times that she ended up with 8 cups of kibble. After eating her normal amount, she seems to be looking for more food and seems unsettled until she gets more. Then she calms down. Is this normal with the climate changes?
I have noticed that and her coat is getting a little thicker. I feed Hero 5-6 cups in the summer with alot of exercise and winter about 6-7 cups. She is not fat at all.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wouldn't say that Ava's appetite has increased because she's always up for eating something. :) However, I do find I have to feed her more than I normally would now because her activity level has increased now that the weather has cooled off.

I have noticed that and her coat is getting a little thicker.
Oh how I wish Ava's coat would get thicker. *sigh*

Btw HM, it's good to see you on here! Are you guys settled in yet?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Kratty said:
We do notice it with our gang. With the cooler weather, the dogs have more energy so they play more in turn eat more or at least want too.. or is that just me who is wanting to eat more..LOL..:eatchicke
I know that during the summer when it is hot here in Missouri I can hardly get the dogs to go outside to potty. and they eat very little..
Oh Well, We all have to stock up for the winter Yummy:eatchicke

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
My dogs desire to eat actually decreases come fall/winter (lol...it's already snowed here, I think we only had one week of fall). Probably because they aren't as active during this time of the year.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Lexus said:
Lexy's always trying to turn me in for starving her, so fall time is no different!
Oh Poor Lexy's :sadcry: :eatchicke I know our male Spirit is a big boy
104lbs and 27 1/2" He will scratch at his bowl when he is hungry! And Poor Raven.. BooWhoo She always thinks she is starving!!!LOL

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree they have more energy now. My girl is more active than ever. Plus with the cooler temps, I started to notice the doberman quiver when temps fall into the 50's. She just got her fido fleece jacket on Monday. Really good looking jackets and does cover the whole chest area and sturdy velcro attachment down the back. Two thumbs up. :cool2:

:cool2:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Kratty, Nikita looks dead sexy in that coat. :gorgeous: We currently sitting at 31 C, so opposite end of the scale temperature-wise here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts