Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
I couldn't get the link to work, but I've seen their site in the past. It's one of the ones that makes me very sad for their poor dogs and all the puppies they produce.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try this www.wingsong-dobies.com .
Her front page with Walker and Dixie they look like have been yelled at. It just really gets to me when these BYB's just do it for money and not the breed. You would think that even if they weren't showed, obedience or ect they would want to keep their lines clean of any problems. Also I saw that they don't want to keep in contaact with their puppy buyers. I thought that was differant.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Thank you, it worked that time. They've updated their site since I last saw it, so I'm reading thru it again. I got as far as this quote and couldn't quite bellieve what I was reading. How much "formal" training could you do with a puppy younger than 8 weeks, anyway?

"I tend to avoid any kind of formal training program with a Dobie until he or she is eight to ten weeks old."

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Plus that Sadie (blue) does not appear to have a decent coat in the least, from what I can see in the pics that is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anybody seen this?

Curious - I didn't see anywhere on her page that she doesn't want contact with new owners. In fact, there are an awfully lot of letters and updates on her site from people who have taken home one of her puppies and they seem quite pleased with the puppies.

·
Banned
675 Posts
What I saw was that she said they like to hear back but don't require it, if she said somewhere else that she doesn't want to hear I didn't see it.

However, her method of placing puppies sounds irresoponsible to me. She doesn't want to do a home check, she doesn't have contracts, she just talks to the people and deicdes if they're good people or not. I know from both personal and second hand experience that there are many people out there who could sell bee to a honey and there's not a truthful bone in their bodies. Her method is dangerous to her puppies. It's especially odd since she says she got her first Doberman from a bad home where it was being beaten. It had been placed there by its breeder who presumably didn't know what was happening to the dog. It's exactly the same scenario she's setting up for th e puppies she sells.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually, it was in an earlier post: "Also I saw that they don't want to keep in contaact with their puppy buyers." Seems like you're being a bit quick on the draw there. You imply that she's just a great salesman. Have you had contact with her? I mean, you're implying that she's not very truthful. She seems pretty open to me. And as far as her "dangerous" methods - again, she's got more updates on her puppy's new families than just about any Doberman website I've seen, and I'm having trouble seeing the "danger." Anyway - in all fairness, you're making some pretty far-sweeping accusations and assumptions, and I'm wondering if you've met any of her dogs or spoken with her.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you?

Clearances are a big plus for me if I was looking for a puppy.She does not do clearances. This is my on opinion I'd stay away. And I'm leaving it to that!!!!!:3dbiggrin
sloop said:
Actually, it was in an earlier post: "Also I saw that they don't want to keep in contaact with their puppy buyers." Seems like you're being a bit quick on the draw there. You imply that she's just a great salesman. Have you had contact with her? I mean, you're implying that she's not very truthful. She seems pretty open to me. And as far as her "dangerous" methods - again, she's got more updates on her puppy's new families than just about any Doberman website I've seen, and I'm having trouble seeing the "danger." Anyway - in all fairness, you're making some pretty far-sweeping accusations and assumptions, and I'm wondering if you've met any of her dogs or spoken with her.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have I??

Actually, yes.

And I absolutely agree with you - folks definitely need to find a breeder whose values they share, no doubt about it. There's alot of variety in what people look for, and one thing I appreciate about her website is that she does put forth what she does, what she doesn't do, and her rationale for it. Lots of breeders out there, they'll say on their websites they do health testing but quite often they don't indicate the results. Alot of other breeders just don't mention it and (I suspect, don't know for sure) they hope the "buyer" just won't think of it until after placement. This lady does mention it, not only on her website but also in her conversations with prospective families. You may disagree with her practices. Fact is, nearly all breeders have their own styles and preferences. She's the first to say she's not the breeder for everyone - but her record says she's definitely the breeder for some very satisfied families and their Dobies.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hey each to their own, I'm the first to say it. If you have dealt with her, or are her more likely, and are happy, then fine :)
I will never buy a dog from any breeder, but if I ever did chose too, I would find a breeder that did all the health clearances (most important in my book), followed by a very close second, if not just as important, titling, but seeing a blue with a thin coat being bred, or having been a part of breeding stock in the past, would be a complete turn off for me. Just my personal humble opinion.

As an educated buyer, it is easy to follow up on the perspective breeder and the health clearances they do, it doesn't have to be just on their word. That is why forum like this exist, to educate people, so they know to check into those types of things when examining a breeder. Many people are "satisfied buyers" just because they don't know what they have compromised on with their purchase.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I think everyone has had their say now on both sides of the fence about this subject, so I am going to close this thread by request. Everyone has been very civil with their responses, I know everyone feels very strongly about subjects like this, and I want to thank everyone for being so well spoken and and civil with their posts, however I'd like to stop this before it has a chance to turn ugly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.