Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Harper's Holter results are in...

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Harpdog01 
#1 ·
Not good news and I'm VERY glad that we are seeing the new cardiologist on Tuesday. In the mean time Harper is feeling very good and is his usual wild, silly self and has been enjoying playing in the fresh snow we are getting.

HARPER was monitored for a total of 23:59 hours. The total time analyzed was 17:10 hours. Start time was 4:30PM1. There were a total of 63257 beats.
The Mean Heart Rate was 77.
The Maximum Heart Rate was 144 at 1:41:41AM2.
The Minimum Heart Rate was 49 at 12:37:06AM2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ventricular Ectopy
Supraventricular Ectopy​
Total: 2701
Total: 0​
Single: 2630
Single: 0​
Pairs: 30
Pairs: 0​
Total Runs: 1
Total Runs: 0​
Beats in Runs: 11
Beats in Runs: 0​
#beats @rate
#beats @rate​
Longest Run: 11 @ 12:42AM2 300
Longest Run: 0 @ 0:00PM1 0​
Fastest Run: 11 @ 12:42AM2 300
Fastest Run: 0 @ 0:00PM1 0​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pauses: Total: 0 ( Greater than 5.0 sec.)
COMMENTS:
VPB SUMMARY: 2630 singles, 30 pairs, 1 run.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have to say that it was very interesting looking at the report. Harper's lowest heart rate was 49 and that was at 12:37am. Just 5 minutes later he had an 11 beat run of VTAC, and a majority of the VPC's were between 5am and 10am.

#10 ·
Sorry the results were not better for Harper. So glad you changed to another cardiologist. Please keep us updated on how Harper does.

#11 ·
So sorry to hear about these results. Hopefully you'll soon have a plan of action with the cardiologist. Thankfully you've done these tests and at least you know so can work on fighting it as much as you can.
xoxoxo

Now I'm going to ask the clueless questions:

Is the 2630 the number of PVCs?
Which part indicates the VTAC? Or is that indicated elsewhere on your results?

#14 ·
Is any run considered Vtach, or is it a run over a certain number?

I was discussing some of this with Phillip, my husband, who is a nurse. He said that overall in humans, PVCs aren't considered a big deal or something to be overly worried about. He was a bit unsure of what the clinical significance is in Dobermans - I told him that I thought it was the combination of the arrythmias plus the echo results that gave a stronger clinical presentation of DCM vs occult (vs normal). Is that accurate?

Edit: sorry to hijack, Lisa!

#15 ·
Hijack away! Any discussion on DCM is a good one and I'm definitely interested in any information the great folks on this site have to share.

Harper says that even though he looks bad on paper, he feels pretty darn good and life is GREAT. But he wishes it would warm up a little so he could stay outside longer and play in the snow.

Reactions: bean
#17 ·
I thought I'd share a few pics of Harps taken last October...I haven't shared any of him here, and unfortunately I haven't gotten the camera out much this winter, so these are the most current ones I have besides the the crappy ones taken with the iPod.

#28 ·
Thank you all for the compliments and positive thoughts. We think Harps is a pretty handsome fellow, but my husband and I are completely wrapped around his paws so he'd still be stunning to us even if he were purple :) We hope we have lots of good days together ahead of us♥

#30 ·
We had to reschedule the visit to the cardiologist until Thursday morning due to the weather :( It was a skating rink on the roads with the ice under the snow, and I didn't want to chance it especially with Harper in the car as it's an 1.5 hour drive each way. He was happy to get an early breakfast and then head back to bed and snooze the morning away.

Reactions: eegreen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.