Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My doberman is 15 months old and we use a harness occassionally during walks or i use the prong he is fine walking with either. However yesterday on our walk, which was longer than usual, i noticed when i took the harness off under his arm pit on the buckle side only looked sore and rubbed. I made the harness larger already but am wondering if anyone has a slip on cover for the under part to prevent rubbing? Im going to try and sew something with fleece to see if it prevents any form of rubbing. For now though im going to stick with the prong until the rubbing has healed. Anyone else have any solutions to this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Are you using the Easy Walk? That also chafed my gal's underarms. Try the Sense-ation Harness. It's hard to find at stores but you can get it online. The strap under the armpits is of a softer material and is much more comfortable. My gal is about 68- 70# and wears a M/L3.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the easy walk. I did a google search and found other harnesses with padded straps. I think i may invest in a new one so it doesnt rub.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let me know if it works; I have both harnesses, and they all leave a chaffed marks under both my dogs arms :( so I am back to the slip collars. I prefered the harness, but then they spend all their time licking one another's owies....and you know that leads to too much licking! :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Hi
My doberman is 15 months old and we use a harness occassionally during walks or i use the prong he is fine walking with either. However yesterday on our walk, which was longer than usual, i noticed when i took the harness off under his arm pit on the buckle side only looked sore and rubbed. I made the harness larger already but am wondering if anyone has a slip on cover for the under part to prevent rubbing? Im going to try and sew something with fleece to see if it prevents any form of rubbing. For now though im going to stick with the prong until the rubbing has healed. Anyone else have any solutions to this?

Thanks
The easiest and most obvious solution is to quit using the harness and stick with the pinch collar. I am not a big fan of harnesses, and prefer pinch collars, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
22,030 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually got the mole skin and sewed a fleece cover to slip on the webbing. Thanks for the helpful posts.

Also i know they are just tools, however when i choose to use them i do not want to hurt my dog.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby wears a K9 harness each and everytime he goes out with me for a walk, I find it gives me greater confidence and control so I can understand why some folk (like me) choose to use one. I haven't noticed my dogs harness rubbing him, it is made by DOXLOCK and comes with reflective strips and can have carry bags attached for those long long walks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts